“Great as always”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Abergavenny
“Great as always”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Having just read 'Carnivore's' review I cannot believe the party in question were eating lunch at the same time in the same Restaurant as we were. Our party comprised 5 adults plus one child and as ever, we were welcomed warmly and served well. The menu was well balanced with meat, fish and vegetarian dishes and our party had a selection of meat and fish, all of which were superb (I had the calves liver ). The young waitresses were obviously 'finding their feet' but all were polite and helpful.

Matthew and Lisa plus their team work incredibly hard to provide superb food in lovely surroundings and our dining experiences at the Foxhunter are always a great ones.

1 Thank HeatherCAbergavenny

Usk, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Total find that I have to share!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We walked into the Foxhunter on a wet and windy Winter day and left feeling very, very happy! We were greeted warmly at the door, led to a comfy sofa by a roaring fire and left to look at the menus with a glass of very good house wine in our hands. The food was sublime, I had soup and confit duck whilst my husband had terrine and John Dory and then we both had chocolate bread pudding with caramel sauce. My mouth is watering at the memory - truly, truly delicious. My husband is not a pud man usually, but I practically had to stop him licking the plate. The whole atmosphere is very informal, the decor is relaxing and the staff couldn't have been more charming. A gem of a place and one we both felt we should share with the world! Can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Joanne B
Framlingham, United Kingdom
“loving the lamb!!!!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

i went the fox hunter last week & it was fab, i loved it, especially the lamb, i love lamb, i would eat lamb every day if i could
i can not wait to go back & i hope they have lamb on the menu

1 Thank iver b
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've been to the Foxhunter with my family many times in the past year, and consequently because of the amazing ambience and food, we have recommended our friends to come and try the food exquisitely cooked by Matt and the other chefs, to which we've had excellent feedback.

I thoroughly enjoy the range of food on the menu right from starters to desserts and they never fail to impress, whether you go out there for a night or for a Sunday lunch.

The waitresses are very friendly and continue to survey the whole dining room thoroughly to check whether their customers are in need of anything. If there are any problems, then they won't hesitate to double check, in order to make your meal more enjoyable.

The ambience of the restaurant is incredible, and creates a homely snug feel, a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy your meal to.

This restaurant definitely has a lot of potential and so much to offer, and I would thoroughly recommend coming here, I most certainly will be coming back again.

1 Thank smez2507
“Wont be back”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Sunday lunch today Mm where to start,our table of eight,drinks were brought 1 glass at a time x 8 ? With quite a wait in between,you can imagine how long it took.
Was looking forward to hereford beef that was on their webpage,no luck only meat on was pork ? 4 guests dont eat pork.so they then had to
ask for vegetarian menu,frittata not very good and looked really un appertising ,couscous nice enough,pork n cracking nice but only 1 carrot, half a leek,2 roast spuds,beetroot. Needed to ask for more roasts but had quite a wait again.sticky pudding for dessert was terrible it was hard and very dry more of a bad cake than a pud.whilst enquiring about the dessert and ordering the waitress left us to say goodbye to another table ! ! !
Wont be going back.