“Best chip shop around by far 5*****”

The Village Fish Bar
Ranked #37 of 105 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Please visit the shops' web page for up to date information (opening times etc) . Please allow time for cooking, per-book your order by phone.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I moved to Gilwern 7 months ago after living 4 miles away with a town full of fish shops... iv never tasted fish and chips like I have in the village chip shop they are the best by far. Myself and partner are a regular.. The staff are so friendly,
If you in the area you must try!!

6  Thank Jadebraz
There are newer reviews for The Village Fish Bar

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Proper or traditional chips seems to be dying, if you want quality hand cut then go to Gilwern and the Village fish bar. You will not be disappointed and the staff are extremely friendly.

6  Thank 6conway
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Found this little chippy by accident the fish and the chips are to die for, wonderful friendly staff really worth the drive. Keep on doing the same guys the food is wonderful. Beautiful walks and great food to finish it off

6  Thank Lynis M
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Without a doubt one of my favourite meals. Containing all the nutrients we need I consider this meal to be a 'healthy' option. When I ate in the Village Fish Bar I did consider myself a bit of a connoisseur of the fish supper. I have eaten fish and chips in the original Harry Ramsden's in Yorkshire, and that was good, and for me fish and chips has to be freshly cooked, fresh ingredients and the right potatoes. The Village Fish Bar did not disappoint me, it was beautifully clean, the staff were really friendly and the food was sublime...what more can I say?

6  Thank Patricia Z
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Came across this little fish and chip shop on a canal walk from Llagattock to Gilwen and stumbled upon this fantastic fish n chip shop.

It took us back to our childhood days when fish and chips were fish and chips, full of flavour and the home made chips were fabulous, so much so I we did not want it to come to an end. All cooked fresh to order and well worth the wait.

4  Thank suebickley