“A different twist”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Not the usual wide selection of Indian dishes, but a good selection of interesting ones. I chose the beef curry, which was good, very timber and nicely spiced. Pilau rice was first class too. Started with poppadums which should have been served with a few more sauces and some onions. Service was attentive, friendly and good. First time I had seen Gurkha beer served, which was good, although apparently brewed in Kent. Seemed a little princely to me, but an enjoyable meal.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Good service with friendly and helpful staff, good food and generally very good all round.
Interesting, varied and unique menu with options to satisfy alltastes from mild/fruity curries to hot/spicy options

1  Thank Brian J
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Went on a Saturday with little time as going on elsewhere. Our group all big on authentic curry esp Nepali/ gurhka. Staff polite and attentive and not put out by half of our party stuck in traffic and essentially running two tables. Had a set menu, basil chicken starter really tender. Main courses lightly spiced, breads not over sweet as had elsewhere. Not sure where others reviewers were, I will definitely be going back.

1  Thank 288kayw
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Eight work colleagues booked for 18:00. Orders were taken quickly, and poppadums and starters appeared without too much trouble. Not everyone had a starter, but all those who did said it was OK,

We then waited for the mains. Perhaps 40 minutes after the starters had been cleared away, one member of our group asked if they would be much longer. We were told they were on their way. My group was starting to get restless, because other tables, some of which were occupied after we'd come in, had already been served. Another 15 minutes later someone came up to the table and told us that they had a problem with their gas, and that this was why there was a delay. We were told that they couldn't do pilau rice, or any naan bread, other than plain or peshwari.

When the food finally arrived, after another 20 minutes or so, it was the best part of two hours since we first sat down. The waiters arrived with dishes and would announce "chicken curry" or "beef curry", rather than the names of the dishes on the menu, that we'd ordered. This meant that it took some time to work out who was supposed to have each dish. The majority of the food that came out was luke-warm. My dish was nothing more than a few bits of meat, in a very thin sauce.

They gave us 10% off our bill. This was very poor compensation for spoiling someone's 40th birthday night out. The only upside, was that the staff were very pleasant, although I personally wasn't convinced they were entirely truthful with us about the real problems....plus they only came back with the gas excuse, once someone had asked why the very long delay.

Some excellent restaurants in Abergavenny. This isn't one of then, I certainly would never return, and I don't think any of my colleagues would either.

3  Thank Denis J
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

To start stater chicken with Gurka cheese very nice also gurka rolls nice but then main course came ordered lamb shank with mash mushroom rice and a garlic naan the lamb was cooked to a inch of charcoal not nice potato mash like a brick then when I had rice mushroom rice cooked rices with tinned tomatoes very disappointing when told waiter said nothing just smiled very disappointed but never again over cooked chips bland flavours and for £180 for 7 not worth it very disappointed having my birthday here.

5  Thank Mhum21