“Prawn Sesame Toast to die for but go easy on the Spare Ribs...!”
Review of Kong's

Kong's
Ranked #43 of 105 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I visited this lovely cosy Chinese twice whilst staying in Abergavenny, it was lovey and tasty food, as Chinese is my favourite, but a bit TOO generous on the starters!!

I ordered BBQ Spare Ribs for starter the first night and they were tasty but huuuuge!!! The waitress simply said I could "always take it home" if it was too much - which I couldn't because I was staying in a B & B and did not want to make the whole place smell of takeaway!! There were 6 or 7 giant spare ribs from a fully grown pig, but it felt like the entire ribcage - especially when coming back up again at 3 oclock in the morning...!!! So please beware.

The Prawn Sesame Toast on the other hand was divine and the best I have ever tasted!! :D

1  Thank Rosemary1978

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have been diagnosed as coeliac for over 2 years now and the thing I have missed the most is a Chinese! I found out that my local Chinese catered for coeliacs and I called to see what they could offer. The lady I spoke to was really helpful on the phone and I had lots more choice than I thought I would and my meal was amazing! Can't wait to have another one soon

1  Thank Chrissie_Seven
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Four friends meeting up for a meal & chat. Our friends ordered a set menu, we ordered just main meals. Our friends were asked on countless occasions whether they would like their starters as starters or with our main meals. In the end they got fed up with being asked & said to bring it out whenever it was ready. Which happened to be the same time as our main dishes!! A lot of fuss over something that should have been simple!
Apart from this, the food was excellent & reasonably priced.

1  Thank Gail S
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Simply put...... Every meal I've had from Kongs has been lovely. Sometimes a little late on the takeaway but I can live with that. Stunning food.

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We celebrated my father's 50th birthday at Kong's Restaurant. They really made the evening special.

From the start, the service was impressive. Warm friendly waitering staff, responsive, but discrete. Oftentimes we would not even notice that our drinks were already placed on the table, or that we got a fresh tray of prawn crackers -- efficient and discrete - not an easy feat. It was clear that the staff was extremely well trained and well versed, and rivaled that of hotel and restaurants.

My girlfriend has eaten in the restaurant with small parties and said that what we experienced was the norm not the exception. It is family style so expect to pass the plate around.

The food is abundant so don't worry, there will be enough for everyone. The restaurant itself can be a little loud but that is fine since the staff make up for it.

The decor is modern but warm and the location is brilliant, since its located in Lion Street car park which means that there is plenty of room to park your car without the worry that someone may need to squeeze there car next to yours.

In sum a great meal and a great experience. Definitely a place I will recommend if you happen to be in Abergavenny!

1  Thank Adam T