“Where to even begin!!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Kong's Restaurant was recommended to us by friends as the best place to eat in Abergavenny, but let me tell you this as someone whose been... In all my life, I have never had such AMAZING food in my life,

As soon as you enter the building you are greeted with probably the friendliest staff you will ever see, as soon as you enter until you are gone, you are served not only with the finest food but also the kindest service.

For my food, me and my other half decided to go for the weekly special menu, as it seemed like the most filling (we're big eaters) and it had some different types of Chinese food I haven't tried yet and let me tell you this, I didn't regret it at all.

We did plan on ordering Banana fritters but we were so full we could not manage!

If its good food you are looking for then absolutely visit this restaurant. I am glad we stuck with this restaurant as it was a good and fun experience.

3  Thank Clint S
There are newer reviews for Kong's

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Picked up a takeaway from here, There card machine failed to connect about 4 times, 15 minutes after and a short walk home the food was cold, re heated it and it was so dry, called and spoke witht he owner next day, no aplogy and offered me 20% off next time I visit, don't get me wrong, this is ok I guess, my problem was the way he was with me, *you should have called straight away* no sorry for the food or the service, really bad, and the fact we go alot, and family and friends do, will have a effect on trade for them, sometimes all it needs is a sorry!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have eaten here about once a week since moving to the area. The staff are friendly, the manager is highly knowledgeable and very helpful, and the food is wonderful. We are vegan (no meat, no dairy), and there are quite a few dishes on the menu that suit us, or the chef can change and adapt others as necessary. We have always been treated very very well, none of the sneers or blank looks you are sometimes greeted with in other places. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We are regular customers here, both eat in and take out. The restaurant is very nice ( although can sometimes be too dimly lit to read the menus! ) and the staff are mostly friendly and courteous. The food is consistently good and we would highly recommend the Sunday lunch Buffet .... It's not one of those serve yourself buffets where you dont know how long the food has been hanging around or who's had their fingers in it. You order as much as you like from a special fixed pice menu and all dishes are freshly cooked and served to you. There's a good choice of dishes, even for vegetarians like myself. The normal menu is extensive and if you have any special requests like a bit more spice in a dish, they are happy to oblige.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Only visited for a Sunday buffet so cannot comment on evening menu. Sunday buffet fantastic value serving tasty and top quality mainly Chinese food. You order from a fixed menu of starters and main courses. For a fixed price you can continue to order at will until had enough. That way the food is freshly prepared and served. There are eleven starters and fifteen main courses including a number of vegetarian dishes.
The service was absolutely charming by two waitresses.