“Food ok - Service appalling”
Review of Sizzling Balti Resturant - CLOSED

Sizzling Balti Resturant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Food ok - Service appalling”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We placed out order from our table at 6.00pm and the main course arrived at 7.35. We therefore had an hour and a half wait on our meal with a young baby in tow. I was disgusted especially as I could see that people were placing order for take away at the bar and had a wait of 20 mins or so. At least four such customers were served ahead of us in this way - in addition, there were many phone calls placing orders. This place cares more about their take away trade than their dining in customer which is not defensible. They should care about us all. Disgusted by this shabby treatment - No surprise it;s so far down the ranking table.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank RosemaryMcG_18

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“my fav indian”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

we av been goin to this resturaunt 4 bout 5yrs an I can honestly say we always av great food an the staff r always friendly nothing is to much trouble for them the food is of a very high quality an we av never waited long 4 our meal the beer is good an wotever you want the staff go out of their way 2 plz you we would recommend this resturaunt bcos of the many nights we av gone there and always been satisfied wiv the service we go there every 2wks an its always been a great nite thank you to staff an management 4 ur professional an careing service keep up the gd work

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank stephen b
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“awful meal”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Worst curry ever, pleasant staff but very poor service. Waited more than an hour for our starter then waited again for main meal despite the restaurant not being busy. One meal was sent back, no one out our group of nine enjoyed their meal. Won't be going there again

4 Thank sueh866
west midlands
“It must be me!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed in Abergavenny for a few nights recently and being from the West Mids am rather partial to Indian/Bengali food so after a rather poor experience at one of the other Bengali places in Aber I thought I would try The Shahi...

As happened with the other place, i read some positive reviews so, much against my better judgement called in.

The first thing that hit me was the disgusting carpet, dirty, sticky and the place just smelt awful, I would have left but I wanted an early night so I stuck it out (maybe that should read stuck to the carpet)

Given the positive reviews given for The Shahi I can only conclude my 40 years experience of Indian/Bengali food has taught me nothing, maybe expectations are lower in certain areas...I dont know what it is, but the whole experience was just pitiful.

Again what we have here is a standard `stock pot` curry, dull, dingy, dirty surroundings and to be honest quite miserable staff.... I cannot believe anyone with an iota of culinary savvy could say this is good.

If people accept such poor standards, patronise & compliment restaurants as dire as this why would the owners bother to make improvements...?

1 Thank Rogerlin
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Spicy value for money”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Very tasty curries, good level of spice used so hotter than your average. Lovely naan breads, no shirking on ingredients.

1 Thank Mel3383