“Excellent food and service”
Review of The Plas Derwen

The Plas Derwen
Ranked #40 of 105 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is my third visit to the area and each time the food has been excellent. The wild boar and chorizo burger with hand cut chips was delicious and seafood dishes have been excellent. It was a very clean dining area in the conservatory and a lovely old pub for a good pint.excellent service from the staff.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We decided on the spur of the moment to pay a visit, we heard they had a new chef and were changing the menu. We couldn't fault the food or the service this evening had a fabulous 3 coarse meal with drinks. I had the venison & chilli pâté followed by Moroccan lamb shank & a Black Forest slate while my husband opted for the chilli & lime king prawns, pork tenderloin & a plum & stem ginger crumble. All deserved 10/10 Well worth a visit keep up the good work.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Came for dinner with my parents and daughter and was pleasantly surprised by both service and food. I was offered an evening menu which was comprehensive
If a tad uninspiring but fortunately there was a fantastic specials menu which we ordered from . I ordered hake , my father had calves liver and my mother had a wild boar burger all fantastic. All in all an attractive pub/restaurant with the kitchen making a real effort with the food.

1  Thank Rioja1980
Reviewed August 25, 2013

As the title says... Food was tasty but portions were small and over priced. Pub itself was very nice and the staff friendly. One meal was sent back but the situation was dealt with well by the waitress. Not the best place if you are looking for a hearty meal after walking/ hiking all day.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stopped for lunch today (Saturday) my wife ordered a salmon Fishcake which was served on just a salmon sauce no chips /side salad or in fact anything but one solitary fish cake £7.95,we have had bigger starters. I had the beef curry with rice & chips £8.95 left most of it.

2  Thank c_g_dawson