“Wow !!!!”

Pizzorante
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A new restaurant which offers fantastic Italian cuisine - all home made to order
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Our first experience of UK food and the experience just blew is away ...Tuesday night jet lagged and tired we decided to nip out for a quick bite ... Being Tuesday night and early we thought there was no need to book and arrived to be greeted at the door and asked we we had a table reserved

Yeah yeah... being seasoned travellers ...we know this 'old trick' !!! and checking the reservations .... surprise ... surprise... although the restaurant was empty ... they managed to find us a table in the corner. !!!

I don't think I have ever experienced such efficient and professional service our needs were almost anticipated by telepathy ???all staff worked in total. unison ...the food was exceptional it really is Italian cuisine at its very best ...great choice of starters .... the lasagna just perfect and as for the pasta with prawns and chilli it was to die for !!!

We Australians are well known to hate tipping but in this instance more than happy to give more than the UK normal !!!

(As you perhaps suspected... by the time we left the restaurant was packed )

What I haven't mentioned is the stunning way this old building has been transformed into a great venue but I will leave that to be discovered during your visit..

Well.. well worth the effort to go out if your way to experience ... Oh did I mention .. you need to book !!!

1  Thank Bernard T
There are newer reviews for Pizzorante

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My partner and I have been fairly regular visitors to this little restaurant in the two years it's been open, so at long last I have got round to reviewing it.
We visited last Friday evening, and as usual, the place was buzzing. Despite several changes of personnel lately, the warm welcome, super efficient friendly service, and fantastic food have remained the same. Although it's a fairly small menu, other than pizzas, there is pretty much something for everyone's taste and the specials are a delight.
I really cannot recommend this place highly enough. If you are in Abergavenny and want high quality genuine Italian food, wine and welcome, then this is the only place in town to visit.
Thanks to everyone on Friday for making our evening so enjoyable.

3  Thank WelshmanAbergavenny
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've eaten here a few times. Nothing fancy or pretentious just good honest food cooked well and at a reasonable price. Never been disappointed. The sort of place you can call in on a weekday after work with friends or family. I've arrived just as they have opened and just before they close and you are always treated as a special guest.

1  Thank Duddlydoright
Reviewed April 15, 2014

You may find better food but not for this money. They do the basics really we'll ( Italian chef) , pizza pasta, salads house wine and great coffee. Usually interesting specials.
Friendly staff and a lovely lively ambience.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I loved everything about Pizzorante!
It's quaint and nicely decorated with a great atmosphere, particularly for a Tuesday evening which I would normally expect to be quite quiet.
The service was friendly and efficient and the food was incredible. One of the best tiramisu I've ever tasted!