“Not your average Italian restaurant”
Review of Pizzorante

Pizzorante
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A new restaurant which offers fantastic Italian cuisine - all home made to order
Letchworth Garden City
“Not your average Italian restaurant”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Visiting my brother's family in Abergavenny, we went to Pizzorante on the Friday before the Abergavenny food festival.
All of the adults in out party opted for the daily specials and I can only say that the meal we had was very very good indeed - a cut above the normal Italian restaurant fare.
I would thoroughly recommend Pizzorante to anyone.

Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Favourite meal off the menu- another favourite found”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I visited tonight with my wife and whilst my favourite meal was not available I was able to order a meal which more than met my expectations.
The starters, main course and selection of Italian cheeses were to die for.
The wine was very acceptable at reasonable prices and my personal favourite" Peroni" was also available.
The service was good and the atmosphere what you would expect from a good italian restaurant.
My only observation would be that if you are sat anywhere near the door in the colder months it is not comfortable as the draught is obvious and very cold.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We tipped up out of the blue and the place was buzzing. We didn't really expect to get a table, having not booked, but the staff really went out of their way to accommodate us, they seem to work well as a team. Service was fast and efficient despite the hustle and bustle and the food was fresh and amazing. My husband had seafood spaghetti which he loved and I had butternut squash ravioli with sage butter which was delicious!
We were only passing through Abergavenny for one night, but it made us wish we were staying longer!

• Visited August 2013
“Fantastic place to eat”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Second visit to the pizzorante yet again very pleased. The pizza's are the best i've had definately a reminder of eating abroad. The house wines are not really to my taste but they are reasonably priced as house wines go. The restaurant was fairly busy and there were two birthday celebrations occuring on the evening but the few staff managed all of the tables very well and overall the service was faultless.

South Wales
“Simply Fabulous”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A small but welcoming restaurant with a great atmosphere and great helpful staff. We were a group of 7 and were given a warm welcome upon arrival by very friendly staff. The menu simply consists of various pizzas and pastas, everyone in the group ordered something different and all meals were spot on. The garlic bread is also amazing, I would recommend it as a starter or a side! I would also recommend the chocolate fondant, not too rich and very "melt in the middle" the best desert I have ever had.

Pizzorante is a great little gem, don't be put off by its location, it is simply wonderful. If you are going to visit you will need to book!!