“Good pub food.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Grofield Inn

The Grofield Inn
Ranked #10 of 99 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A family owned freehouse situated in Abergavenny on Baker Street. Good homemade food and refreshing drinks. Large enclosed beer garden at the rear.Modern pub which serves 3 real ales,4 largers, 2 ciders,lovely Wine and a large selection of spirits. We have a beautiful garden which is always regarded has a hidden gem. all meals are freshly made with our passionate team in the kitchen lead by a previous winner of young chef of the year in Wales Toby Hobby. Toby has taken over the leadership in May 2016 and whilst looking after our old favourites he has added his own specials which we feel sit beautiful along side each other
Abertillery, United Kingdom
“Good pub food.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had the Grofield recommended to me for Sunday lunch. The Sunday lunch is very good home cooked fayre. I have also enjoyed mid week lunches here. Sizeable portions of good pub food at a competitive price.Also one of the friendliest family run pubs around.A favourite of mine for lunch while shopping in Abergavenny.Also large,dog friendly beer garden out the back.

Visited October 2012

Abergavenny, Wales, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch with my husband, parents and 2 year old daughter and everyone was happy! Unfussy but nicely cooked food. A really friendly atmosphere without seeming false.

Visited August 2012
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
“Great lunch experiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

A few years back the Grofield was a real rough pub, but since it changed hands a couple of years ago it has become the place to go for lunch in Abergavenny. Have had lunch here several times, and every time has been first class. Good menu, and well presented food - big portions, so I usually have to help my wife out! Excellent value, super food and lovely staff. What more do you want!

• Visited December 2012
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“FRIENDLY PUB EXCELLENT FOOD.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We come here regularly and have never been disappointed. Excellent home cooked food with a good choice. Proprietor and staff very friendly and welcoming its a shame they only do lunches but a must if you visit Abergavenny. Highly recommended !!!

Visited January 2013
Abergavenny, Wales, United Kingdom
“Best pub in Abergavenny to eat...mmmmmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Have eaten at the Grofield many many times, the last being on Wednesday when myself and my work colleagues had our Christmas lunch which was the best I have ever had!
Dont want my mum knowing this but the roast potatoes and the gravy was the best I have ever had lol.
I had Carrot and Coriander Soup, Turkey dinner and Chocolate Raspberry Brownie.
The soup along with everything else is homemade and you could particularly tell that the gravy was homemade, the potatoes and even the mint sauce was homemade.
Loved it so much Im going there again tonight for the same three course meal... mmmm
The staff are friendly, make you feel very very welcome and always asking if everything is ok and can they get you anything else.
A family run pub which is well decorated, clean, and immaculate.
Go every pay day with my work colleagues, nothing is too much trouble and as little time in our lunch we pre-order our lunch which is always ready on arrival.. would recommend the bacon, brie and cranberry toasted sandwich and in particular the salad which has orange and apple in the salad which I think is a lovely little touch...

Well done to the Grofield Staff and in particular the chef for making it the best place in Abergavenny to eat - would recommend trying it.... Sarah x

• Visited December 2012