My wife arranged a stay here as a surprise for my birthday. We arrived just after lunch on a lovely sunny day and the building and grounds looked lovely as we drove up. After checking in we went to our room (9). It initially looked great (with an excellent view across the lake then over to the hills in the distance) but on closer inspection, as per a few of the previous reviews, we started to notice that things , except the recently done en-suite, were looking a bit tired. An example of this were the lights above the bed which were precariously hanging off the wall. We then went down for afternoon tea which was part of the package. It was really good with an amazing selection of sandwiches, cakes, cookies and scones all served by very friendly staff in the very pleasant lounge. We then went for a long walk around the grounds also taking in the amazing kitchen garden. We spent a very pleasant couple of hours sat in the gardens reading before returning to our rooms to prepare for dinner. Again as part of the package my wife had booked we were looking forward to the seven course tasting menu plus accompanying wine flight. I don't want to give too many details as it would spoil the surprise but the whole experience was amazing. The service was exemplary, the food was fantastic and the wine was brilliantly chosen to match the food. After a great night sleep (the bed was very comfy) we finished of our stay with a very nice breakfast. The array of choices on offer for breakfast was very good. I can't believe that the whole package was just £200, that's £200 for an overnight stay in an en-suite room with a great view plus afternoon tea for two and seven course tasting menu plus accompanying wine flight (five drinks including a sparkling to start and dessert wine to finish) for two plus full breakfast for two!! Amazing value. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Four Star Country House Hotel, Best Small Restaurant in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2013, set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds. 21 Individually appointed luxury bedrooms, elegant drawing rooms and lounges, real log fires, traditional afternoon tea, fine wine cellar, an amazing restored victorian walled vegetable garden and breath taking views from every room. Close to the Wye Valley and the Brecon Beacons National Park, just 2 hours from Heathrow and 20 minutes from Junction 24 of the M4. Spoil yourself here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Llansantffraed Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llansantffraed Court Abergavenny, Wales
- Llansantffraed Court Hotel Abergavenny