We have just returned from a two-night stay at Llansantffraed Court, and it is fair to say that we were "wowed". Some friends of ours visited last year, and said that all the common areas were beautiful (which they were), but that the bedroom they were in was a little "tired". We paid for an executive room (No 19), as we really needed the extra large 6 ft bed, and it was absolutely lovely.
We had the taster menu, which was exquisite, and the wines were beautiful. In fact, we were so impressed by the salmon, that we asked where it came from, and as with as much as possible it was very local, so we went the next day to buy some to bring home.
So, the accommodation was lovely, and the food and drink gorgeous, but in the best tradition of saving the best until last, the service was the best we have ever come across in a hotel. It was more like staying with good friends than staff! All the employees were so ready to chat and pass time with us. We arrived the day before my birthday, and mentioned it on our arrival, and the next day, every member of staff we chanced upon wished me a happy birthday - now that is very personal and friendy service!
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a quality stay in South Wales.
My very best wishes to Mike and his wonderful staff. We will be back!!
Heather and Keith.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Four Star Country House Hotel, Best Small Restaurant in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2013, set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds. 21 Individually appointed luxury bedrooms, elegant drawing rooms and lounges, real log fires, traditional afternoon tea, fine wine cellar, an amazing restored victorian walled vegetable garden and breath taking views from every room. Close to the Wye Valley and the Brecon Beacons National Park, just 2 hours from Heathrow and 20 minutes from Junction 24 of the M4. Spoil yourself here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Llansantffraed Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llansantffraed Court Abergavenny, Wales
- Llansantffraed Court Hotel Abergavenny