Our wedding was on 17th September 2011, we were lucky enough to be able to stay the night before as well.
The setting of the hotel is stunning, and on visiting it for the first time, about 18 months ago it was pouring with rain on a really miserable day. But as we approached the hotel, we instantly knew this was where we wanted to hold our special day.
Assisted by several members of staff, Rhiannon, Mike (the owner) and Lauren (Wedding and Events Manager) as the hotel went through a period of change, despite the changes it had no effect on what was a very memorable day, due to the professional standards consistently demonstarated at the hotel.
The other staff were also exceptional, always willing to help.
One of the biggest draws after the setting for this hotel, is the food. We have eaten at the hotel on 3 occasions, and each time the food has been fantastic. The restaurant is accredited 2 AA rosettes, which it is very deserving of.
The staircase to the side of the building is a great place for photos of larger groups and well kept grounds, with large lawn and lake, making for some great wedding day shots.
All of the rooms that we have stayed in, have had great views of nearby mountains or the grounds of the hotel. We also managed to have a look around a good number of rooms elsewhere in the hotel.
As well as ourselves being very happy with the hotel and the staff on our big day, we were complimented by many of our guests at how impressed they were with the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Four Star Country House Hotel, Best Small Restaurant in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2013, set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds. 21 Individually appointed luxury bedrooms, elegant drawing rooms and lounges, real log fires, traditional afternoon tea, fine wine cellar, an amazing restored victorian walled vegetable garden and breath taking views from every room. Close to the Wye Valley and the Brecon Beacons National Park, just 2 hours from Heathrow and 20 minutes from Junction 24 of the M4. Spoil yourself here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de and Travelocity so you can book your Llansantffraed Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llansantffraed Court Abergavenny, Wales
- Llansantffraed Court Hotel Abergavenny