“One of the best ploughmans ”

Nicholls Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Brecon, United Kingdom
“One of the best ploughmans ”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Called in for lunch a few times always ok but just recently this coffee shop cafe in Nichols store has upped their game much more local & homemade food on the menu the staff seem more informed I had the welsh cheese n ham ploughmans & wow wife had prawn n smoked mackerel salad also good great use of fresh local produce we will be back

Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Never again!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Had been a regular customer as live near Abergavenny, popped in one morning for brunch with my mum and definitely had more than I had bargained for! A large green live bug in my salad, I called the waitress over who was very apologetic, took away my plate, i had eaten very little, the manageress arrived said she wouldn't charge for my coffee and charged me full price for my food!!!!! When I questioned this she refunded me 75p, what an insult, will never eat there again!!!!!

4 Thank linseed1
Jackie G, Public Relations Manager at Nicholls Coffee Shop, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

I'm really sorry that your experience with us has left you feeling disappointed. We take customer feedback very seriously and I’m sorry you feel like your complaint wasn’t satisfactorily resolved. As a regular customer I hope you understand that this isn’t our usual standard and we would appreciate the chance to remedy your complaint.

I would also like to investigate the matter with our Coffee Shop team, in order to do this I need some more information. Please could you let me know which day you visited the Coffee Shop and give me the details of what you ordered? This would be really helpful.

You can contact me on email at nichollsonline@wmnicholls.co.uk or call me on 01873 810370. We would love to welcome you again to the Coffee Shop, if you would like to give us another chance to get things right please let me know and I’ll do everything I can to make sure you thoroughly enjoy your visit.

Best wishes,

Jackie
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“So fresh and tasty”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I really love this place. It's like a little slice of luxury in Abergavenny. We have been there several times now and the food and service is impeccable. I had a tasty baked potato and a capuccino for about £7.50 and it felt like a real indulgence. I plan on booking afternoon tea soon and will review asap!

Visited July 2014
Tredegar, United Kingdom
“The staff”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I call into this coffee shop about twice a week the staff are very helpful and friendly.
I do feel sorry for them with the uniform they have been provided with ,which is the same for winter and summer, today again very hot lovely weather, the door and window open ,but the staff are all in long sleeve white thick shirts and black trousers, they have been allowed to take off the very large apron that they have to wear.
May be Tracy the owner would like to work in these uniform for a week and see how her staff feel.
Ceiling fans may help ,for staff and customers.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank elizabeth l
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“locally sourced food”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

the food here is cooked fresh when ordered and is locally sourced - the service is unbeatable and off menu requests accommodated is available - always delicious

• Visited July 2014