Not the hotel's fault but if you stay on a Friday night you will be subject to the noise of "boy racers" using the surrounding roads to race around accompanied by sirens blaring police cars. Not much sleep as a result.
The restaurant did not meet up to expectations - ordered steak very rare and turned up well cooked after a considerable wait. In the restaurant in the morning the toast was stone cold and rubbery.
Charged £1.40 for a Times newspaper which cost £1.10 and did not get the supplements!
Room very dated and shabby and, a silly point I know, but the toilet paper was cheap and nasty stuff - not what I would have expected from a room costing £85 for the night.
Overall, very disappointed and will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel and place to eat in the Brecon Beacons. Winner of The Tea Guild's prestigious Top City, Country Hotel Tea Award 2011 and AA Hotel of the Year Wales 2016/2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- The Angel Abergavenny, Wales