The Angel
The Manor Hotel(Crickhowell)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsafternoon teahigh teacastle cottagesandwichescoaching innlovely hoteldeluxe roomwithout exceptioncar parkwine listpublic areashigh streetset menubar areaspecial occasionsmoked salmonsunday lunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We recently dined here for our engagement meal and I have to say the food was delicious and the service fantastic , considering there were 19 of us all of the food was out together, we will definitely be back !!!! Thank you for making us feel welcome

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review.

Congratulations on your engagement and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed here this week, for two nights with work (I highly recommend their conference/meeting room facilities too) and I was stunned at how big this hotel is, how beautifully every room is decorated and how lovely, friendly and smiley the staff are. And the food..... is incredible. Better than many top London restaurants I have eaten at and I would go as far to say that this is the best food I have ever eaten. The wine was great too (New Zealand Shiraz but I don't recall the name of it). My room was gorgeous - large furniture, large comfy bed and a huge television. I also got to meet the lady who cleaned my room on my second morning and she was lovely too.
I'd like to say two special 'thank you's to Gareth and to the lovely young man who helped us with our meeting room though I am sad to say I didn't get his name. Both of these guys couldn't have been more attentive, helpful or friendly.
Well done everyone involved in running such a pleasant, gorgeous hotel. I just wish you were a little closer for me to visit more often socially!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lsimpsonuk
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your kind review on your recent visit to The Angel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including our meeting facilities, your bedroom, the food and wine as well as the friendly service from our team.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate staff members and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed in the Angel Hotel and everything from the service to the food to the accommodation was first class! The Hotel has been refurbished to exacting standards and not one inch of the Hotel isn't perfect! Congratulations to whoever did the refurbishment!

Friendly efficient staff helped to make this a wonderful last minute break.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read your review of your recent stay at The Angel Hotel. I am delighted to read that you felt everything from the service to the food to the accommodation was first class..

I look forward to sharing your kind comments with The Angel Team and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed for two nights in the Castle Cottage we were blown away by the accommodation and the hotel itself. The accommodation we were in being set on the edge of the car park I was initially concerned our experience would be more similar to a holiday rental but they really did service it like any other room in the main building.

The restaurant ambience was very comfortable and the food and wine list of a high quality with plenty of choice.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a short break whether exploring the area for the first time or the hundredth.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at The Angel.

I am delighted to read that you were also able to enjoy food and wine in our Oak Room which made for a very comfortable experience .

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I have had the privilege of being a guest at this hotel more than thirty times. The best in the area in terms of service, hospitality and food. Rooms are small but updated. Restaurant is very good and I would recommend having a meal at the hotel even if you are not a guest. Small but charming bar. Recommend.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul W
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read you feel the hotel is the best in the area in terms of service, hospitality and food.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.