Had a one night stay in this hotel. I must say that I was very impressed with the downstairs of the hotel, more like a 4/5 star than a 3 star. The bar is lovely and cosy with a log fire, just nice to sit in front off and sip a glass of champagne.
They do delicious afternoon teas and the bar menu also looks very good.
Our breakfast was excellent and they use local produce.
The only downside is that the rooms are very dated. There was no quilt on our bed but a woolen blanket instead and the pillows were very scrunchy!! However the room and bathroom was very clean and lovely and warm. The rooms won't put me off but I think if they were updated the hotel would definately gain a higher star rating.
Lovely stay though and will definately be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel and place to eat in the Brecon Beacons. Winner of The Tea Guild's prestigious Top City, Country Hotel Tea Award 2011 and AA Hotel of the Year Wales 2016/2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- The Angel Abergavenny, Wales