Originally thought the exterior photo on the web flattered to deceive. We expected a country hotel, not in a high street. We needn't have worried. The Angel turned out to be fantastic. We booked the Castle Cottage and thought we were the 1st to stay after refurb. So surprised to learn it was refurbed four years ago so immaculate was it.
Ross, front of house, had a 6 month old baby and offered to go home to get his own baby monitors for our 6month old grandson who was in the 2nd bedroom in the cottage. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I travel extensively in my work staying in so called 5 star hotels, not a patch on The Angel.
The reception supervisor Clare was again fantastic, dealing with a complicated secrecy birthday conspiracy with the utmost secrecy so our surprise was totally fulfilled. Also when our daughter left an expensive cot blanket behind, this was posted to us a day later at no charge.
The evening meal was excellent as was the superb breakfast.
Overall a fantastic hotel, no hesitation in recommending.
If you are travelling around South Wales, make this hotel your base
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel and place to eat in the Brecon Beacons. Winner of The Tea Guild's prestigious Top City, Country Hotel Tea Award 2011 and AA Hotel of the Year Wales 2016/2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- The Angel Abergavenny, Wales