This is a very well maintained ex coaching inn that obviously has an interesting heritage. It is nicely decorated inside and the rooms are very comfortable, super bathrooms and all the pots, bathrobes and stuff. We had a room at the front of the hotel which was a bit noisy on the Saturday night we were there, although our daughters had a room at the back and got no noise. Well positioned on the high street and a good base for this part of Wales.
It is let down by the lack of staff at check out....surely they know lots of people leave in the morning????? And the service in the dining room at breakfast time was dismal, not through a shortage of staff, there seemed to be more than enough to serve the people there, just something about their system was appalling slow and we had to complain three times about things that were wrong.
The fabric of the hotel is worth more than 5 stars but the service isn't and on that basis it really isn't good value for money as it is certainly not cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish 4 star hotel and place to eat in the Brecon Beacons. Winner of The Tea Guild's prestigious Top City, Country Hotel Tea Award 2011 and AA Hotel of the Year Wales 2016/2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- The Angel Abergavenny, Wales