We celebrated my lovely Mums birthday with a lovely afternoon high tea. The Angel is beautifully decorated and they have a dedicated room especially for afternoon tea. Crisp linen, best china and friendly service. We went on a Monday and it was full so I recommend you book.
The High Tea includes savouries, sandwiches, pastries, trifle and scones ......and a choice of teas that is vast. All were mouth-wateringly scrumptious. We could not eat it all!!! Excellent value for £20. Mum had the Dragons Well tea! I opted for vanilla and the boys had coffee. Ask for a take away box if you can't finish it, they are more than happy to do that.
Lovely atmosphere, room was full of people quietly celebrating special occasions. The Angel has won awards for their afternoon teas and I am sure it will win more. This was my second visit and I look forward to the third.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish 4 star hotel and place to eat in the Brecon Beacons. Winner of The Tea Guild's prestigious Top City, Country Hotel Tea Award 2011 and AA Hotel of the Year Wales 2016/2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- The Angel Abergavenny, Wales