We stayed at the Angel for a birthday and eat at the Walnut Tree. The Angel is a fantastic hotel with lots of character and very helpfull staff. The room we had was very clean, large and had everything that you needed. Good TV, Coffee and Teas in ample quantities. Shower was strong and hot, bed was just brilliant, very supportive and loads of room. We had a room overlooking the high street, which was a little noisey early mornig when the rubbish lorry came around , but thats small issue compaired with the overall quality of the room itself.
The foxhunter bar is a great mix of people staying and locals who were all very freindly.
Breakfast we OK, lots of it and from local suppliers. I have to say that the only small issue was that the bacon was very salty which detracted a litlle from the experience and our table wobbled a lot.
All in all, a great place to stay, somewhere that you can go back to many times - Walnut tree was also excellent and the owner Shaun Hill is a real gentleman and great Chef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel and place to eat in the Brecon Beacons. Winner of The Tea Guild's prestigious Top City, Country Hotel Tea Award 2011 and AA Hotel of the Year Wales 2016/2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- The Angel Abergavenny, Wales