“Everything not so good , immediately rectified = we will return”
Review of The Angel

The Angel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Abergavenny
Reviewed November 27, 2011

6 of us had a post theatre meal at the Angel . 4 of us had a extremely
delicious meal . The lamb was beautifully tender and pink , the vegetables were really tasty , the service was very professional
and friendly .
Unfortunately for two of us the pork was a bit tough and the potatoes hard , even though they were recooked after waitress being told that this was the case .
After the meal when we were asked about the food the pork eaters told the truth , politely , that they were
dissapointed. The reaction of the
personnel was amazing , we were not charged for these two courses
and we were given such a sweet
Apology that there was no doubt in our minds that we would not hesitate to return and have another
meal here ... I must reiterate that
4 of us had a really perfect meal
and. I congratulate the Angel on the way that they dealt with our complaint without making us feel
culpable in any way .
We have eaten here several times before and have never had any cause to regret it , and still feel very much the same way ....

• Stayed: November 2011
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I was sorry to learn 2 of yours guests were disappointed with the pork dish, yet pleased to learn your waitress handled the situation appropriately. On behalf of us all here at The Angel, I very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon in the not too distant future.

Charlotte Griffiths
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Great Afternoon Tea - with sandwiches cakes and scones served in the traditional style with tea in china cups. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We pre booked at table at the hotel for a small function for 17. Our menu choices were emailed prior to the visit but still we had a long wait before the food was served. Some of us paid £10.25 for a steak sandwich and were very dissapointed. My steak was thin and cold as were the chips. They clearly do not have enough staff working here which I think is why the service was poor.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Dear Guest, I am very sorry for this disappointing experience. This is certainly not the usual Angel standard. I would highly appreciate if you can get in touch with me directly in order for me to try and rectify this experience and perhaps change your perspective about The Angel Hotel. Please find my details below:
Charlotte Griffiths,
Hotel Manager
charlotte.griffiths@angelabergavenny.com
+44(0)1873 857121

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Two course dinner with coffee, limited choice of food only a choice of three starter and main, but food was good and service was excellent. The sweet menu which was extra was very expensive.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BestNanny1
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My deluxe room was clean and comfortable, although somewhat pricy. The room looked out on a courtyard that was next to the bar. On weekend evenings, it became rather noisy. Closing the window would have helped, however, without air conditioning, the room would have become uncomfortable warm. Breakfast (extra charge) was very good. The dinner menu offered a nice selection and my choices were well-prepared and very tasty. Prices were about average and the dining room service was very attentive. Free parking is offered for guests, but the car park is almost always full in the afternoon and evening. Fortunately, there is a city car park adjacent that is inexpensive and almost always had spaces available.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2011

we had afternoon tea with champagne bought for us as a wedding present, on arrival we presented the voucher as instructed, then waited for a good 10 minutes to be shown to our table. after sat down we then waited a further 10 minutes for someone to acknowledge that we had been seated. We were poured a glass of champagne and my husband asked for the cork as a memento as this was a wedding gift but we never got to see it. We took my daughter and 3 year granddaughter with us as it was my birthday, we paid for her tea and was pleased that they could offer gluten free sandwiches and cakes/scone. The selection of sandwiches and cakes was if I'm really honest nothing special and one scone each was a bit mean, the mint tea was very nice, the latte coffee was luke warm, and the chilled strawberry & kiwi tea arrived hot, when we pointed out that we ordered it chilled, a glass with ice arrived!! The quality of service was awful, nobody took an interest/responsibility for our table once we had given our order and we were left waiting for our bill for 15 minutes After reading some very good reviews about the 'Afternoon Tea Experience' I was looking forward to sampling it for myself but it left me feeling very disappointed and a bit underwhelmed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kaz3105
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Had a 2 course meal. Absolutely faultless but not cheap. Good service, free bread, great atmosphere. Good choice of food. Very smart building

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergavenny
Llansantffraed Court
#2 of 31 in Abergavenny
Kings Arms
Kings Arms
#3 of 31 in Abergavenny

Been to The Angel? Share your experiences!