“FABULOUS FOOD”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Newport, United Kingdom
“FABULOUS FOOD”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food is always good FRESH and very good portions. The staff are always greeting you with a smile they are very friendly. Well done guys keep up the good work.

Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality and value.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Fantastic food, great choice of beer, service very quick and the staff are all ready to help. Will always highly recomend.

• Visited July 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Crap”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I cant add anymore, it was pants. Shocking food, service crap and no value for money. Its a joke but they rely on unsuspecting tourist trade. however, that will soon change as people will come on here.

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“uncooked chicken”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I ordered chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with pate.When it arrived it looked very unappealing.The accompanying vegetables looked unappetising and when I touched them I realised they were cold.I cut into the chicken and realised it was uncooked.
To be fair the waiter was happy to change my order to something else but really this was totally unacceptable fare.

1 Thank amandadavies43
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Slow & Meagre”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at The Hen & Chickens on Saturday lunchtime and the food took 40 minutes to arrive. The children were auto-digesting by the time it came!
I had "King Prawn Salad", the prawns appeared to be straight from a pack and the salad consisted of lettuce, tomato, cucumber and a couple of slivers of onion. That set us back £7.95 which seemed extortionate for what it was.
My husband had Scampi & Chips which was the same size as the children's meals. One of my boys had a very nice cheeseburger and the other a very average sausage and mash (you could almost count the number of baked beans!)
I took one of the boys to the ladies toilet and I can only describe it as horrible. When he lifted the seat there was faeces all over the the underside and in the toilet bowl, it was grim, just glad we went after lunch!
It's a shame as this place could be really lovely. We sat outside in the sun and had we known we were in for a long wait would have given the children some bread. The menu was actually very good (perhaps we just chose badly) and with slightly better service and a little attention to detail it could have been really nice. Someone definitely needs to focus on the toilets!
All in all not a particularly great lunch for £30 (and that only included 1 diet coke as everyone else had tap water!)