“Perfect!”

Warwicks Country Pub
Ranked #47 of 102 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An idyllic Country Pub, serving a range of traditional meals and real ales.
UK
“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Had an evening meal and it was lovely, large portions and well presented. The owners were lovely, very friendly and welcoming. Would definitely go back and would be more than happy to recommend.

• Visited June 2012

Monmouth, United Kingdom
“Pie Night”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Pie Night and Curry night on Wednesdays is fantastic, great value for money and tastes excellent, really hits the spot after a long day.
The place is always spotlessly clean and has a great atmosphere, friendly staff and homely feel.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“lovely pub, nice atmosphere, great food!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Took my wife here for a meal a few weeks ago. We both enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere, cant understand what the review below is on about, it cant be the same pub. (rival pub perhaps?!)

We were given a friendly welcome by the landlady and sat in the pub area next to the log fire whilst we looked at the menus. The pub is a traditional country pub of olde, complete with settles old signs and pictures. After ordering we were given the choice of remaining where we were or sitting in the restaurant area, of which we chose the latter.
I had the homemade pate, my wife had the prawn cocktail and we were even given still warm bread to share. I had the 'Warwick's Burger' and my wife had the battered haddock. Everything was fresh and home made, the chips were some of the best I've ever tasted. I have a good appetite but unfortunately I couldn't finish my burger!

I have been to lots of restaurants in the area, but I will definitely be back again and again to this one.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“nasty looks from locals, dirty, Cramped, poor quality food”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Locals are so unwelcoming, expect a dirty look when you open the door, nowhere comfortable to sit, furniture would be better on the fire, food ingredients poor quality and not cooked by a a trained chef. A lot of swearing in the pub c word t word by locals, its really small people are in your face no privacy, its also dirty and we were reluctant to eat the food for that reason. Dont know who is writing the good reviews they must have been paid or are relatives. People eat here because theres no where else as all the pubs locally have been turned into houses.

5 Thank erica w
Cardiff, Wales
“Traditional country pub!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Arrived here for Sunday lunch and was expecting great food going by the reviews. Place was packed - always a good sign. A real traditional pub, cosy fire and lots of chattering going on. Have to admit the food really did not hit the mark from being the #1 place to eat in the area.
Quite average and poor really - nothing to write home about - sorry! There are better place to eat in the area.

• Visited April 2012