“great time”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“great time”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My second visit to the Hardwick this year to include an over night stay with breakfast , went as I had expected beautifully.Sunday night dinner was everything I expected as I was determined to share the BA BA black sheep dish with one of my companions. I started lightly with the pate after the great bread and olive oil and a few beverages, I was not disapointed it was a delight lots of it and the flavours changing all the time , a dish to behold and not for the fainthearted. As recompense I went for the lighter option with dessert the triple ice cream , WoW this was a treat in itself. A great night. The room was first class with a great comfy bed and the breakfast in the moening was brilliant with a great choice for everyone. Another triumph for the hardwick.

2 Thank Colin M

• Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Wow, look, stone cladding on the inside”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

OK, weird headline but it kind of sums this place up. Artificial, lacking in real character, its a little bit life Cafe Rouge but with fewer screaming kids and a much, much bigger bill at the end.

Main gripe is the pretty god steak on the somewhat limited lunchtime menu come with a particularly revolting sauce - want another one, tough, thats far to much trouble for the Hardwick.

On the up side, I did spot Ruth Jones in the other room, she's lost weight, as will you if you eat her often enough.

• Visited April 2012
7 Thank someoldgit
Pontypool
“Spoilt birthday celebration.”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have to say first of all that the ambience is very good. The staff are friendly and service was good. However we all thought that the meals we had were ordinary to say the least. We felt that the pork loins were bought in and not produced on the premises and came with a fried egg on top which wasn't mentioned in the menu. Not to everyones taste! I had heard rave reviews of this place so we went there for my daughters 30th birthday. I was very disappointed. It is expensive, even at lunchtime and not worthy of all the hype. If you are happy to pay that sort of money for average food then fine you will enjoy the place.

3 Thank papajoehull
Abertillery, United Kingdom
“I think i have died and gone to the Harwick”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Where do I start with this review? We have been looking to go to the Harwick for a number of years; however, for various reasons we have not gone. We finally went this Friday.
We made a late reservation on Friday night and were slotted in at a time which suited us.
When we arrived we were given a warm welcome and were given the option of sitting in the bar to puruse the menu or heading straight to our table. We choose to head straight to our table.
The dining room in both the old and new sections of the pub, were beautiful and gave a laid back and relaxed atmosphere.
The sourdough served with oil and butter was light and very, very tasty. The starter of Chicken Lasagne was absolutely amazing. The main of steak and chicken was gorgeous and thoroughly enjoyed by both of us, with plates returning to the kitchen cleaned. However, the best was yet to come, desert. The basil Pannacotta was very interesting and tasty; however, the Jar of Lemon and Meringue Crunch was the most sensational desert either of us has ever tried.
The bottle of wine that we had with our meal was sensational.
I can honestly say that this was the best meal that either of us have ever tried and was thoroughly enjoyed by both of us.
The atmosphere in the restaurant was very relaxed and enjoyable, even though the restaurant was full. The service was second to none and was excellent.

“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Exceeded all my expectations. Beautiful bedrooms finished to a very high standard, felt at home immediately, enjoyed all the home comforts supplied in the room and had a restful night in a very comfy bed. Had a few drinks in the bar while reading my book and gazing out of the window at the stunning countryside, even watched the odd light aircraft land in the field opposite. The restaurant is lovely and my meal was fantastic, the scallops & chorizo are to die for! I went to bed thinking I couldn't eat again for days but then came breakfast, also very good, especially the Greek yoghurt with granola and honey, totally delicious. I could not fault my trip to The Hardwick at all, it was a pleasure and I hope to return soon.