We only sampled the restaurant, but from what others have said, all is exceptional.
The interior is very stylish and staff were very accommodating. The pub/hotel is located 50yards from the pedestrian area of the town centre and it was by chance we found it.
We should have booked as they were very busy, but they managed to squeeze us in. The atmosphere was sophisticated, pleasant and welcoming.
The bar area is modern, stone floor, cream walls with various sketch paintings, all giving a fresh ambience. Leather comfy chairs and brightly lit areas made you want to stay.
The restaurant area was equally welcoming, nicely decorated with plenty of space.
The food is quite something else....With the town's annual Food festival a Welsh national attraction, the food served here is the best advertisement for local produce and the highest talent in the kitchen. Totally recommend the Mackerel Pate, the fresh pasta with Wild Mushrooms and asparagus, Pork and crackling sticks! Bread was fresh and served warm with local butter.
For a last minute by chance place, this was a find that has to be shared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Arms Hotel is a late sixteenth century coaching inn located in the heart of the bustling Welsh market town of Abergavenny; the gateway to Wales. We offer something for everyone; comfortable, well-appointed guest accommodation, lip smackingly delicious restaurant food and a versatile function space for all manner of events. Whatever your reason for visiting – an extended getaway break, a lazy lunch meet up with friends, or a flying coffee and newspaper pit stop – we’d like to extend you the warmest of welcomes. Come in and take a look around… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kings Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Arms Hotel Abergavenny
- Kings Arms Abergavenny, Wales