Located on A40 entrance to town,ample parking, also 10 minute walk to bus and train station.
Pretty conservatory restaurant, with separate function room for private parties. Ok food, but on a par with chain restaurants, rather than owner run.
Small but nice grounds for children to run around and summer drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plas Derwen is a fantastic pub restaurant which offers exceptional food at ordinary prices. Located within easy reach of the A40 and A465 (Heads of the Valleys Road), it was redeveloped to a high standard in April 2007. All our food is cooked to order, using produce from local suppliers, listed on the back of our weekly changing menus, enabling you to have a different dish with every visit. There is also a Specials board and a Fish Specials board for even more variety. This is a warm, welcoming venue with pastel colours and a large see through feature fireplace. The building dates back 600 years and the refurbishment has been sympathetically undertaken to reflect old meeting new. With contemporary furnishing, the traditional slant has been retained with many nooks and crannies around the pub. The Garden Room, Lounge Bar and double Conservatory are separate rooms offering different experiences. Some areas have leather sofas and leather tub chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Plas Derwen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Derwen Hotel Abergavenny
- Plas Derwen Abergavenny, Wales