“One of my faves”
Review of Tamarind

Tamarind
Ranked #48 of 110 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Always friendly and welcoming this is my favourite Indian in Abergavenny. The service is always good and the food is delicious. As a vegetarian I love how they use chunky fresh vegetables in my dishes instead of a handful of frozen veg as I find in other Indian restaurants.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

The food here at the Tamarind is always amazing. The service is without doubt spot on all of the time.

H who is head of the restaurant is a great guy always have time for you, always smiling and goes that extra mile to make your night special. He sometimes cooks as well and is always great.

Overall this restaurant is always perfect.

Thanks again to all the staff

1  Thank Johnnyfm
Reviewed June 19, 2018

This food is terrible. I had my dinner there tonight and had Goan Fish curry. It was not at all Goan fish curry. I come form a place very close to Goa in India that is famous for its fish curries. The fish was so oily and bad, unbelievable. I also had Onion Bhaji as an appetizer. It must have been fried twice (old stock recycled). Was awful. Service was very poor. The guy didn't know where to find a beer listed in the menu; his answer was I can't find it and the bar tender is out tonight. Overall, very bad experience.

2  Thank Subru B
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Visited the restaurant with my wife and son. Had a decent meal and got chatting to the waiter. At the end of the meal the waiter took some time to chat to us and seemed to be very pleasant. He then handed us several vouchers for 25% of our next visit, which we thought was a very kind gesture. It wasn’t until we tried to use the voucher on our next visit (approx 1 month ago) that we were told that the vouchers were not from this restaurant. I described the chap that had given to us and was told that there wasn’t anybody of that description working there. Rather than make a scene I told them that I would keep an eye out for the said waiter on future visits. I decided to pop into the restaurant last weekend for a takeaway and low and behold, the waiter that was there. I approached him about the vouchers and he stated that he hadn’t given them to me, stating that he has his own vouchers and doesn’t use trip advisor ones. When I asked if the writing on the voucher was his his didn’t accept or deny it .
I just feel that this is a bad way to do business and can’t see the point in giving out discount vouchers to then not honour them. Therefore calling me a liar.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Food was really tasty and just cooked perfect. Staff are really friendly and talkative. Definitely recommend going there