“Pretty average, good value for money”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caernarfon
Bron Menai Guest House
Ranked #5 of 21 Caernarfon B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed for one night whilst in Caernafon, pretty average really. I checked out several places in C'fon and picked the cheapest available and it turned out to be Bron Menai. Great location, very near the town centre and castle but C'fon is a small town anyway. The room was pretty average, nothing special: bed was small (Queen size as oppose to King size) but otherwise the toilet was pretty decent and I had a good night's sleep. The rooms came across as rather old fashioned as did the entire place.

The breakfast was excellent and I really enjoyed the deliciously sweet summer berries fruit salad. Service was pretty decent, if not a bit business like and impersonal. Please don't take this as a complaint, but I have stayed in various places around Wales and some B&B owners are really friendly and would have friendly chats with you, whilst the owner of Bron Menai was polite but businesslike - the kind of reception I would expect in a hotel. But that's fine, I don't have a problem with that as all the staff I'd dealt with were very polite, if not a bit business-like and formal.

There is a very pretty garden at the front and it is literally a stone's throw from a big ASDA supermarket, which proved to be really useful! The only thing that somewhat irked me a little was discovering a rather large black bug on my T-shirt (which I had left on a chair overnight) in the morning. I gave it a shake and it flew away - oh well, it was a warm night and I had left the window wide open and it could've flown in through the window. I'm an ex-soldier and have travelled to some pretty exotic locations (check out my reviews!) so bugs don't bother me, but I can imagine it would bother some people like my sister who hates bugs...

Also, I was somewhat disappointed to find that none of the staff I dealt with spoke any Welsh despite being in C'fon, a very Welsh-speaking area - ah well, but that's just me then ...

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GymnastAlex
There are newer reviews for Bron Menai Guest House

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights and would have stayed longer but had to move on. Outstanding in all aspects particularly the breakfast quality, organisation and hostess. Very welcoming hosts. Very well positioned for walks into town and surrounds and convenient ASDA across road

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry B
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Booked this last minute - can't believe some people take time out to write stupid, inane comments about what was, a lovely Bed and Breakfast. Wonderful breakfast, worth every penny.

WOULD TOTALLY RECOMMEND...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BIDSTON
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed in this small hotel/B&B (7-8 guest rooms, I'd guess) for 2 nights. Our room with en-suite was nicely renovated, tastefully furnished, clean and of good size. Full breakfast very good. Hosts friendly and helpful. Licenced bar/lounge area. Location convenient to town centre.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Everything was spot on. The hosts an elderly gentleman, came out the 1st day to help us park our car in the backyard.

Very clean & very beautifully & tastefully done interiors & exteriors. Excellent location, just 5 mins from town center, the castle & opposite to ASDA departmental store.

Just one negative - during breakfast time, the entire corridor & our room smelled of sausages. But basically in the morning you get out for your treks and all, so not much worry there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I plus my husband's parents (father is in a wheelchair) had a fabulous couple of days in the guest house. Nicky the owners daughter was a fantastic hostess, nothing was too much trouble for her. The guest house was immaculate and our room which was no: 3 was a really good size with every comfort required including a lovely ensuite. The disabled room was also brilliant with everything my inlaws needed. The breakfasts were so plentiful we didn't need to eat again 'til tea time. The hotel is also very well situated to the marina and the centre and as we were pushing a wheelchair this made a great difference to us. We will definately be visiting again next time we are in Wales. We ate at the Villa Marina (Italian) gorgeous meal and also at the bistro opposite Wetherspoons both of which we would recommend.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are to a very high standard. We were in No 3 which was a large room and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and l recently returned from a three week holiday to the UK and Wales. Most of the time travelling in England we stayed with family but we decided to take a little time for ourselves in Wales. When my wife was a child she visited this part of Wales during her summer holidays. On spec we chose Caernarfon, It is a very picturesque town because of the castle. We also decided on spec to stay at the Bron Menai for 4 days. It was on the North road and a 10 minute walk from the bus station as we were travelling National Express. The room was spotless and besides the double bed we had a small setee to watch tely during the late evening. The B/B was very quiet in the evening.The gardens at the front of the B/B are maintained by the owners Alan and Val Ashcroft. The gardens are absolutely fabulous. The Breakfast in the morning left nothing to be desired. The kitchen and waitress went over the top to please. Gord, Jill Holstead Nova Scotia Canada.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple