“Fair price and good location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caernarfon
Bron Menai Guest House
Ranked #6 of 21 Caernarfon B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed for two nights as a couple in a triple room. The additional bed meant that the room was cramped, there was no wardrobe, only hanging space and only one armchair. The furniture was functional. The room overlooked the main road into town and there was a lot of traffic noise. The bathroom was large and well appointed with an excellent shower.

Although we stayed in July the weather was awful and we appreciated the heating being switched on!

Breakfast was standard fare - there was a good selection of fruit, including strawberries, and porridge was available. The waiting staff were very pleasant.

The hotel is very convenient for the old town of Caernafon and has its own private carpark accessible by a very narrow drive way.

Overall we thought the hotel was good value.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I called here more out of interest after seeing some of the guest houses in town with no parking spaces and loads of stairs and the prices they were charging. I couldn,t believe the price I was quoted and booked in immediately. I was able to park in the private car park and because I walk with a crutch I was given a room by the door and restaurant so as not to have to struggle. My room as a twin bed with a fantastic shower room, comfortable beds, plenty of tea and coffee and even drinking chocolate and biscuits. I need to visit Caernarfon several times in the coming months and my greatest wish is that Bron Menai can accommodate me each time.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Westy53Bangor
Reviewed August 20, 2010

This is a well run band b, the rooms are clean and serviced daily, the breakfast and evening meals are well prepared and of good quality and the staff are polite and friendly. It is a just a few minutes walk to the town centre and amenities. Caernarfon itself is a bit of a dump, but the castle and the Highland Railway (from the town centre) are excellent.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Excellent in every possible way. The price for the rooms was fair, the quality of the room and bathroom was very good, breakfast was lovely and the service was very good indeed. Every detail is taken care of. Location is also very good and we had a perfect time in Caernarfon. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Needed a base for a (rather wet) trip up Snowdon, rooms very clean and comfortable, excellent shower. Breakfast was very good, choice of fruit and cereal as well as the traditional full Welsh. Host very friendly and helpful, especially when calling us after I conspired to leave my case in the hallway! Ignore the bad review on here, there is just no pleasing some people.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I took advantage of the mid-week four night half board offer - I was very pleased with the package. The Welsh breakfast was superbly cooked and presented - definitely better than what is provided, at a higher cost, by many hotels. The evening meals provided were of a good quality and substantial - I especially enjoyed the huge pork chop c/w roast potatoes, carrots, cauliflour, broccolli, apple sauce and a generous gravy-boat. The beef casserole was also a delight. The en-suite accommodation was very comfortable and well heated. Toiletries were provided and the room was cleaned daily.
The staff was very pleasant and made every effort to accommodate my particular needs eg: early cooked breakfast; choice of evening meal; earlier evening meal time. One minor problem with the TV remote control was resolved immediately. It is likely that I will be in Caernarfon again on business and, if there is a vacancy, I intent to stay there again. ...........Tony

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank consultantt88
Reviewed October 31, 2008

I visit North Wales regularly with work and usually stay at the Celtic Royal, I have always been really happy there, but unfortunately it was fully booked at my last visit. So I turned up on the door step of this establishment early on a Sunday evening....

The owners were away, and the guest house was being run by their daughter and another young lady, both were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated, the bathroom was clean and tidy, with some nice "extra touches" which I always like... !

Breakfast was delicious, and the evening meal (although needs to be ordered b4 5pm, you can choose your dining time) was outstanding. As we had arrived late on the Sunday we had missed dinner, so went to the Celtic Royal, however we ate at the B&B on the second night... I cannot praise the chef enough.... the food was absolutely superb and much better than the Hotel next door.

This B&B is next door to the Celtic Royal, more informal, half the price with friendlier staff (though the celtic royal staff are also friendly) much better food and just "nicer"....

Thanks so much, look forward to visiting again soon, hopefully for leisure purposes next time!...

PS try the garlic mushrooms and the beef jennifer .... delicious... as are the desserts!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)