“good short stay in Caernarfon”

Tegfan Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 21 Caernarfon B&B and Inns
Barry, United Kingdom
“good short stay in Caernarfon”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Well what can one say about this place. Don't book it if you have no sence of humor.This place is a basic no frills B and B a bit run down. It is clean comfortable in the centre of town and a good rate.breakfast is good well cooked with a selection of cereals but inform the staff the night before if you want to change something as they tend to cook the same each day.Parking is hit and miss in street. I was lucky and parked free on quayside just after the arch where you turn into Church st. five min walk. And now to Phil who runs the place some people regard him rude and not very polite he tends to swear a lot. He is a rough diamond but will do everything to help you and can be quite funny. He seems to do everything to run the house but could do with some help as it seems to much for him. I can understand why some people call him Basil Fawlty. I say take a chance and stay here it can be fun. Watch out for Phil blowing bubbles out of bedroom window and his big lazy cat who lords it over the front step and will not move out of the way

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

we stayed at tegfan for 4 nights,booked a suprior room when we got there we were in a room at the top of the house which was far from suprior,when i booked it said we got the last room and did it show,the bath room was small and my husband is 6ft 3in tall and sitting on the loo with the sink on your knee is not good.breakfast was very good but over all i feel cheated.

Room Tip: make sure you get what you book.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We booked the flat and a double room for our one night stay in August - I would never stay here again. A dirty, tired and untidy house - the only good thing about this B & B is the location. I cannot believe some of the reviews I have read & I wonder whether they stayed in the same B & B. We were met by a scruffy and unkept 'owner' - Phil who complained that he knew nothing of both our reservations and that of the of the couple from Sweden who arrived at the same time - some call him 'Basil Fawlty esque' but i found him just rude and obnoxious. The flat/apartment is full of old and smelly furniture and the bed was like sleeping in a crisp packet. The double room was not tidied after the previous guest and the dishes were still in the sink !! We went for breakfast in the morning and admittedly we had made an error in the reservation but did not expect the swearing rant in front of children - not professional and the way to run a business - we went for breakfast elsewhere and checked out as soon as we could.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott J J

Travelers are raving about these Caernarfon hotels

england
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed for one night in July. We were made very welcome by Anne when we arrived, our en suite room was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfy.
Breakfast was cooked to order and to our liking, thank you Steve, which was a pleasant change from corporate one size fits all.
All in all a very pleasant stay, and we will certainly return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We were in Caenarfon for 4 days and decided to stay at Tegfan because of all the great reviews. And we found no fault with it. Phil is a lovely man - funny, very friendly and accommodating with a number of entertaining stories to tell. The rooms are clean and neat and there's also a TV in each one with some DVDs to borrow. There's coffee, tea and water provided in the rooms. Towels are also included. Note that the toilets and shower are shared. This caught me by surprise but it wasn't an inconvenience. The location of this is ideal, just off the High Street, about 5 minutes from the bus stop, and 5 minutes to the castle. Literally just a few steps from the promenade and the famous Anglesey Arms. The street is also very quiet.

Also as a side note, Phil appears to be out most days between 3-4.30p.m. We actually arrived at 4p.m. so we had to wait but that was only because we hadn't sorted out our arrival time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Just wanted to thank the manager Phil for being so good regarding our Short meeting .I would like to say unfortunately we were unable to stay as we had a family crisis ( Mum took ill) and we had to leave but would like to add that the warm welcome we received was great and would recommend Phil and his hospitality to all. Thank you once again for your concern Mum is doing well (87years young) and we were glad you understood our position. Ann and Steve Ratcliffe.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I recently stayed at Tegfan on business for two nights this week.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time there...the owner, Phill is very friendly and the welcome is very warm. Everything seemed very clean and tidy and my room (the single) was perfect for the needs I had.

It is ideally located near main offices and the town centre (I'd imagine it would be perfect for tourists too).

The breakfast tasted great, nice and filling and set me up for the day!

I will be returning there for future work commitments in North Wales

Room Tip: Not much on tips, but the single room as it was just me was fine for me
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ceri G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caernarfon
Black Boy Inn
#8 of 8 in Llanberis
Ty Dre Town House
Ty Dre Town House
#6 of 21 in Caernarfon

Been to Tegfan Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!