Turned up with my skeptical husband who wasn't too sure but from the moment we stepped through the door, all his fears disappeared. The room was No.3 and had a nice big super king bed. It was very clean and tidy with everything that we could have wanted - ironing board, fan, hair dryer and flat screen tv. Whilst the bathroom is very small, it is completely functional, a fantastic shower and was spotlessly clean. The restaurant: as we were late in arriving, they said that we would have to eat in the bar which wasn't a problem as the menu is the same and the food is of excellent quality. Breakfast was excellent. I've never heard of a breakfast called "One-eyed sailor" but can recommend it whilst my husband thought the Welsh breakfast was the bees knees! The staff were really friendly and I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Thank you for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Boy Inn is a listed building which is situated in the historic town walls of the Royal Borough of Caernarfon. The Inn is within easy walking distance to the town centre, and the famous 13th-century Castle. An old Inn dating back to 1522 and with its wooden paneling, low ceilings, and thick wooden support beams generates a cosy 'Olde Worlde' Welsh atmosphere. The Black Boy is a very busy Inn; please do not expect it to be a slow laid back hotel. It is in the centre of the tourist hub of North Wales and long wait times can be norm in middle of summer. Come and visit us in the winter season for a more laid back feeling.We now also have Black Jacks, which is another renovated building in courtyard, at rear of Inn .Black Jacks is away from the hustle of the main Inn . All suites have small kitchen area.No lift in building.Some Ground floor rooms are easy access with walk in showers , 1st floor variety of rooms as is 2nd floor.We offer 24 hour staff attendance. When you stay in any country you must wish to stay in somewhere that reflects that country ,we certainly do majority of our staff are welsh speaking and so are the owners .Meal timesSunday to Thursday: Noon until 9.00P.M. Friday and Saturday. Noon until 9.30P.M.Table reservations can be made via reception up to 6.30P.M. Table allocation after 6.30.Pm. Will be made on availability. Waiting times can vary and an indication of any delay will be conveyed to you. To arrange a table reservation (up to 6.30P.M.)In peak season we cannot accept table bookings at all due to the volume of trade ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Boy Hotel Caernarfon
- Black Boy Inn Caernarfon, Wales