Black Boy Inn
Tyn Rhos Country House(Llanddeiniolen)
$150
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$144
$110
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
$100
$96
PremierInn.com
Menai Bank Hotel(Caernarfon)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,426 results
All reviewsblack boyblack jacksthe pubsteak and ale pielow beamsfour poster bedcoach houseate herehuge portionsmusselswelsh breakfastreal alelarge bathroomboth nightsmain buildinggreat roomnorth wales
Reviewed August 11, 2012

In July 2012 I spent a week on business in Caernarfon. I used Trip Advisor to help me find accommodation. The recommendations for the apartments turned out to be accurate. Recently refurbished this year, the accomodation was excellent. Everything worked well, including the key cards. There was a table to enable me to work. The room was comfortable, the bed extremely so. The large flat screen tv and the kitchenette were a bonus. At night it was quieter than the main pub building would have been. One small quibble. The parking space outside was tight, particularly when all the apartments were busy. Overall I agree with the positive comments of other reviewers. An ideal place to stay, work and enjoy oneself.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank John J
blackboy673604, Owner at Black Boy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

We have not really publicised our new rooms in Black Jacks , these rooms are a lot larger tha the Inn. But i so glad you enjoyed your stay .

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed here on business and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. When I arrived I instantly thought worried what I had let myself in for, but when you get inside you find a well presented building with bags of history. It reminded me of 'The Sloop' in St Ives if you know it. My room was big and modern however the bed and pillows were unbelievably uncomfotable, but this might just be my tastes. Highlights have to be the really friendly staff and the Welsh Breakfast in the morning. Probably wont go back due to the bed, but a pleasant visit none the less.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Black Boy . We have renovated with care as you have found out . It is one of the oldest Inns in Wales and we take pride in its appearance and fittings. No bright lights here, it is darker than modern hotel as it should be to reflect the age of building and maintain its atmosphere. This is one of the few Inns left with a busy bar trade and food . Not a plastic Inn built out of plastic . A true Inn in every sense.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed here on Business.

When I was told I was staying in a pub I was wondering what it would be like.

I have to say I was pleased with everything! Forget your chain brands, this place has character.

Excellent food, breakfast (though the waitress was half awake) and accomodation.

The receptionist was very helpful, and despite it being one of the oldest pubs in Wales with thick stone walls, the broadband was the fastest than any other hotel and resorts I have stayed at, and free.

I was also allowed to keep my car there till the end of my business meetings in the town.

Couldn't knock it, it deserves this rating, and I have fully recommended the experience to friends, colleagues and family.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Wheresmychips

A true Inn as they should be . I have been in this industry for 30 years run many licensed premises in those years all successful . I am so grateful for your comments , You have stated what we have achieved with the Inn . As you state you did not fancy a pub and you found that the Black Boy is an Inn . I am a firm believer in retaining the individual quality Inns. And that the corporate brands have their place , but we also like to see history retained in olde buildings.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had lunch there today before visiting the castle with my family, it was sons seventh birthday. Food came out after a reasonable amount of time, and that's about the best I can say. My wife had a crab dish which was, well, vile. Sloppy, devoid of taste, and ugly. I could go on but won't. Spoilt our day.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Peter R
blackboy673604, Manager at Black Boy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

i am sorry to hear of your disappointing meal , we have passed your views to our head chef . He will be making a change to the meal content if he feels it does not reflect our normal standard .Most of our products are local and fresh .

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Booked restaurant on 1st night of round Wales cycle trip. Table was booked for 15 people, of which 6 were late for the alloted table time, sorry. This was no problem to the effficient staff who bent over backwards to fulfill our needs. Meal was excellent especially the local mussels. One particular member of staff was also very helpful in setting up a handyman to lend us a drill in the morning for essential bike repairs for which he would not take any payment. We were also greeted that morning with the an offer of coffee and cold drinks. Bearing in mind we weren't even staying in the hotel it was First Class.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank awroberts

We always try to please .I thank you for your kind comments