“very good teacher and a fantastic full day ride!”

Snowdonia Riding Stables
Ranked #4 of 42 things to do in Caernarfon
Reviewed March 31, 2014

After 2 years, I will leave Wales in 2 months and return to France.
I had riding lessons almost every week with Melissa and I really enjoyed that, not boring at all! She is very friendly, she explains very well and she is very patient!
I really recommand the stables : all the staff is friendly, the horses are really nice, they take care of their horses and they are flexible.

Yesterday, I went for a day ride with Tash and it was great!!
We took our time to enjoy the welsh wilderness, to leave the horses for a rest, to brush them at picnic lunch...a relaxing day!
Beautiful lanscape, great company, lots of trot and canter : everything to spend a nice Sunday and we were lucky, the sun was there!
Thanks to Tash I will have a lot of pictures to remember this day when I will be back in France!

I will miss riding in Wales on Scooby or Beauty!

All reviews
"fantastic afternoon"
in 3 reviews
"open fields"

Reviewed March 26, 2014

during our stay in Snowdonia our friend wanted to try riding for her birthday, i had been riding before and had some bad experiences and my mother had been before and always fallen off..so petrified at the through!the riding stables were very accommodating first of all and managed to fit us in very short notice, the stables were very easy to find and ALL of the staff were so friendly, i could not believe this as normally at stables you get the odd one but everyone was so nice and helpful! the owner greeted us and introduced us to Tash our instructor. now Tash was absolutely brilliant, his knowledge of the area and the horses was spectacular, he was very charming and took very good care of my petrified mother ensuring she felt safe and even got her to trot!! (this is a woman who screams on the childrens tea cup rides) we did an hour ride around the countryside which was stunning, Tash was an excellent guide telling us all about the surroundings and took a group photo of us. i would recommend this experience to anybody with any experience visiting the area as its excellent value and stunning scenery

2  Thank Saralovescake
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Our group comprised nine ladies who were visiting Snowdonia over a weekend to climb a mountain. The horse riding was added-on as a little treat for the Sunday. When all you have to go by is a website, booking a group hack is always a gamble in that the stables will be able to cope with such a mixed bag of abilities, shapes and sizes. We were not disappointed and each of us was carefully matched with a horse to suit our experience and stature. After a quick walk and trot in the school to make sure we were all ok with our chosen stress we set off into the beautiful Welsh countryside with Tash and Mel as our guides.

The horses were excellent and obviously very well cared-for. Tash and Mel were superb guides and were enthusiastic, and chatty, giving instructions when needed and making us all feel at ease. We had a fantastic hack and one of the ladies who had lost her confidence on horseback due to a fall a few months back has had her live of riding restored because of this trip. The countryside was stunning.

A massive thank you to Tash and Mel for a very enjoyable morning. We will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Rustyangel
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had a half day at the Snowdonia Riding Stables. It was the best riding I've ever had. A combination of spectacular scenery, lively but friendly horses, and our guide Tash who is as engaging a teacher as you could hope for, made for a wonderful day out. We will definitely be back, for a full day next time.

1  Thank Damian S
See more reviews
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Having never been near a horse before I was a little concerned about booking a half day ride for myself and my girlfriend for her birthday. I needn't have worried. The staff at the stables were great, and explained the basics to me and the horses appeared healthy and well kept.
On our trek, our guide - Tash was fantastic. He looked after me, whilst giving plenty of freedom to the more experienced riders. The scenery was fabulous, and we all had a great day out. Tash even went to the trouble of taking photos of us and emailing them to me later that evening.
Would highly recommend.