“Good hotel”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Caernarfon
sussex England
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We arrived at the hotel as part of a coach party after a long day. The staff were pleasant and helpful, our luggage arrived in our room quickly so we were able to get settled. As there was a double thickness quilt on the bed and this was July we asked for a blanket instead and this was brought to us very promptly. As part of a large party we had to have meals at set times so this was a problem at times, as we would have prefered an earlier evening meal so we could go out later.
The meals were very good and the service from the staff was also very good. Our room was a good size and kept very clean.
I made use of the swimming pool which was well maintained and the staff member who showed me around was freindly and helpful. I really enjoyed my swim.
I would say that the surrounding area appears to have been hit by the recession and is a bit run down but don't let that put you off from using the hotel which is very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
west midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend, the staff are so friendly and helpful. The leisure area is not huge but is very well looked after the pool was small but warm. The meals in the restaurant where excellent, the the waiting on staff gave an excellent service. Thank you for a wonderful stay. The only point I would make that could seem negative would be that the shower screen was stuck to the side of the bath, so you had to climb into the bath to turn the taps on for a bath, as well as for the shower

Room Tip: Room 143 is a very large room, but the shower screen is stuck down on the bath. Nice quiet areazzz
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank smittyblue35
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Booked the hotel as a late booking (4 days notice) and got a lovely twin room on the first floor. Hotel well located in Caernarfon short walk from the walled town and harbour. We stayed here because it was fairly close to Snowdon (about 10 mins drive) which we walked up and down during the day. First floor room was clean and comfortable with ensuite & bath. Just had a bar snack for evening meal as we werent too hungry but it was quick - delicious and reasonably priced panini. Comfy seating areas and secluded sofas really set the scene. Staff helpful and obliging. Breakfast was self service with waitresses setting and clearing tables and providing tea and toast where required. English Breakfast / fruit / cereal etc.
Didnt have time to check the spa leisure facilities but I am confident that they would be good.
Large car park was a good feature too.
I would stay here again.
Why bother with Travelodge etc when you can have this quality hotel at a similar price?

Room Tip: If you turn in early then perhaps request a room away from the bar. There was a live act on and I co...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobbieRobbie
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

hotel and food great shame about location surroundings need to be improved greatly

but you can stay within hotel and ignore the outside

rooms very good food excellent leisure facilities excellent

parking ideal

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank srwhit1962
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This was one of my favourite hotels on my extended UK trip, the staff were really friendly and the rooms were lovely with all amenities. We had dinner and breakfast was of a very high standard. I would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Guest_06_2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Celtic Royal is a good looking hotel,very clean throughout with spacious rooms.The problem i had was with the evening meals . First let me say we arrived with a coach party,our party was asked to come for dinner at 7.30 pm. I think the hotel assume you are all friends,my wife and i we squeezed onto a table with four strangers, awkward when we did not even get our starters for 20 minutes, by the time we were being served the main course we had been there for 40 minutes ( served by waitresses out of tureens my wife was asked if she would like a potato singular ). We didn't stay for dessert or coffee because of the time,and wanted to go out for the evening.The entertainment provided in the hotel is fine if you are over 80,The bar was always closed when we came back at about 11 pm. Staff very noisy out the front of the building from about 7 am , even working with leaf blower,(sounded like a motorcycle).Ideal hotel for pensioners with hearing problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for the 17th August fro myself and a friend and of course, checked previous reviews online, before hand. It more than fulfilled my expectations. From entering the reception, the staff were all extremely helpful and efficient. The hotel itself has a lovely welcoming feel and our room was spacious and very clean and pleasantly decorated. The bathroom was just as clean and well appointed.
I DO so wish I'd eaten in the restaurant that evening but instead had a stroll round the town to hunt out a local eatery. BIG mistake! The restaurant menu at the hotel was far more interesting than any of those in the town. We learn by our mistakes and next time I won't bother to try anywhere else.
All in all, I can't wait to return to this terrific hotel and hopefully for a longer stay !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BubbaM60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caernarfon
Black Boy Inn
#1 of 1 in Llanddeiniolen
Chateau Rhianfa
Chateau Rhianfa
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Celtic Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!