“Decent but expected more”
Review of Palas Caffi

Palas Caffi
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Caernarfon
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a family run friendly cafe serving hot drinks, tasties, panninis and homemade ice cream made daily on the premises by Mrs Jones, situated right opposite Caernarfon Castle entrance.
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in this cafe/ice cream parlour located just outside the castle in Caernarfon and at the corner of the square. There was a very alluring list of icecream flavours outside. Once we entered the small room, the place did not look any special. It was quite messy, tables and chairs in every direction and the floor was not clean at all. We were well greeted and we were able to order our food. The menu offers a few good icecream combos as well as cakes and pancakes. Drinks hot and cold are also available. All the items were priced reasonably.

The quality of the food was not amazing. Unfortunately, the icecream was not up to scratch. Firstly there were hardly 60% of the flavours advertised outside. Then, the toffee and vanilla flavours were just average. My mint chocolate chip was unconventional in its very emerald colour and spearmint taste. The strawberry and cream one was q success though, and the portions were generous. The hot chocolate was nothing special.

Overall this visit was average, the staff was nice but it was not enough! Also, there are no toilets there. Possibly a good location for icecream to take away.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had some nice food, nice friendly service, ended our visit with a large ice cream a piece (Turkish Delight for me) which was really very lovely. The existing reviews brought this place to our attention and it was very very good. Opposite the castle so easy to find and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Called in for ice cream after visiting the castle. Large selection of flavours and each one selected by our family members absolutely delicious. The bounty flavour was amazing with plenty of coconut and chocolate pieces. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

You need to queue......for good reason. Excellent ice creams served with a smile. Between family members we tried several flavours and they were all great and much appreciated. I doubt that I will be visiting Caernarfon again soon - but when I do, this Ice Cream parlour will be high on the list!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We spotted this place after exploring Caernarfon castle on a hot afternoon and thought we'd trest ourselves to a nice ice cream.
The shop was busy, but the queue moved quickly, and we had enough time to dither over what flavour ice cream to get (especially when we saw it all laid out, it all looked so yummy!). I went for new york cheesecake, my 4 year old son had mint choc chip and my husband had rum & raisin. It didn't cost a fortune, big scoops of ice cream and beautifully made. The staff were very cheerful and friendly too.

My son ate half of his and was eyeballing mine, so he made me swap! Both ice creams were fab, we live in Devon, so there are a fair few ice cream places here but this was honestly the best ice cream ever.