“Delicious Fish and Chips”

Ainsworths Traditional Fish & Chips
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in Caernarfon
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Ainsworth's is a family run business and has been established for over 20 years. All of our food is cooked fresh to order so that you the customer can enjoy it a its very best. The fish we use, Cod, Haddock & Plaice all come from well managed and sustainable waters. Our fish is freshly prepared on the premises each and every day. Our Chips. Freshly prepared on the premises each and every day from high grade potatoes. We use a number of different varieties of potatoes throughout the year to help ensure quality and consistency, varieties include Maris Piper. Our Batter. Light, Crisp and dry. Our Mushy Peas, Homemade and Delicious. All the products we cook and serve here at Ainsworth's have been chosen for their high quality and consistency. The oil we use for cooking is 100% vegetable oil, which is filtered and cleaned on a daily basis, this practice helps us to ensure that you the customer receives the finest quality product. Our Staff, as passionate as we are about cooking and serving great food and ensuring you receive excellent customer service.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had seen on Trip Adviser that Ainsworth's fish and chips were highly recommended and we were not disapointed. Both fish and chips were freshly cooked to order and served in a cardboard box. The chips were perfect and the cod was moist and coated in a perfectly crispy batter. The service was very friendly. It was well worth the wait for the food to be freshly cooked.

1  Thank MaximusDec99

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Outstandingly clean shop with friendly helpful uniformed staff. We had two excellent portions of haddock – really good fish and generous chips without a trace of oil or grease. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank David J
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Tried it because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Yes had to wait about 10 minutes and because the eating area is very limited we ate across the road sat on a bench but the fish and chips were absolutely delicious and well worth waiting for. If and when I next visit Caernarfon, it will be a definite for me again

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopping over for a few days and saw the venue on TA. All looked well as we entered and ordered as the fish is cooked to order.Service was a bit robotic with the salt and vinegar question being asked a couple of times as the server either hadn't been paying attention 1st time round or had a very short attention span. Food was nicely presented in a box and held its heat well. Chips were lovely . Fish portion was okay but a bit expensive for what I'm used to paying. The fish itself was cooked lovely but I found the batter coating it a bit greasy and seeping into the fish- to the extent that I couldn't finish the fish. My partner was the same.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I'll agree that the title of #1 of 80 restaurants is a little misleading - it's a takeaway fish & chip shop with a couple of chairs, but the I've never been disappointed with the food.
It's not the cheapest, but it is definitely one of the best chippys I've ever been in. Fish is particularly good, and portions are a sensible size.
Yes, you do have to wait - always! But the food is always fresh & cooked properly.
I've been dozens of times & usual wait time is about 15 mins. It's a small place, so for you to need to wait an hour, as some reviews have suggested, the queue would have to be well outside the door.
If that's the case, it tells you two things in my experience, especially in a fairly quiet place like Caernarfon; Firstly you're not going to be served quickly. Secondly it should be worth waiting.
That being the case, you can wait for some quality food & put up with the kids being inpatient, or pop to the kebab shop right across the road............ I always wait.

1  Thank Paul J