“Pleasant surroundings.”

Ranked #21 of 108 Restaurants in Caernarfon
Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Caban Café serves a fantastic and varied menu 9am-4pm seven days a week. Yashka and her team create daily specials, based on a healthy mix of organic products, the best from our local suppliers and fruit & vegetables from our on-site kitchen garden. This dedication to freshly prepared, healthy food, has resulted in an enviable reputation amongst locals and visitors alike. People like the coffee too!
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A local resident recommended this establishment. I was not disappointed.
Although I can pick at some faults,I really enjoyed the meal.A good choice and many "veggie" dishes to offer too. I opted for one and was delicious.
Really enjoyed watching the variety of garden birds hanging from the feeding boxes,suspended outside.
They offered some local bottled beers too.
This is a handy place to visit if walking around Llyn Padern.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I had heard great things about the Caban previously so my expectations were high but boy I was thoroughly disappointed!

I had a curry off the special board which was ok but very overpriced. My husband had a soup & sandwich. He complained the soup was salty & the sandwich was just your bog standard sandwich. My 3 year old chose a ham sandwich - whoever has designed the children's menu obviously doesn't have their own children!! A very large sandwich on really thick bread which a small mouth would find hard to deal with. There was more fat than ham in the sandwich. There was a handful of crisps on the side which my son enjoyed.

Several of the waitresses had a bit of an attitude & you got the feeling that everything you asked was too much trouble. A couple of others were really nice tho!!

If Caban can improve the quality if their food & re-look at their children's menu (maybe a younger & older children's section would be a good idea?!) then it may get better reviews. The attitude of the staff is obviously a management issue & needs to be dealt with.

I'm hoping improvements can be made as the location is ideal and the building is immaculate.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

the Dutch chef left a few years ago to open his own place in Caernarfon and Caban has continued to deteriorate ever since. It's not just the food that's terrible, the service is seriously bad as well. Staff just couldn't care less and the high prices are a rip off.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Caban used to be really excellent and I was a regular visitor. Over the last year or so, the quality of the food has deteriorated and the price has gone up. Even though I live 5 minutes away, I now would travel to the Blue Sky in Bangor or Wal in Caernarfon rather than eat here.

C'mon caban pull your socks up

1  Thank swiftarf123
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We first found the Caban Cafe last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. We visited several weeks ago and requested the afternoon tea that was advertised on the reception desk but were told it was not served until 3.30pm even though all the items ie. sandwiches,scones,cake and tea were being served individually when we arrived at 1.30pm. My son ordered nachos with cheese, they arrived without cheese and rather than send them back (as he was hungry) he ate them, however we had to ask for the cheese supplement to be removed when paying,but It was without any kind of apology. With this in mind we arrived today at 3.30 and requested the afternoon tea. This is the conversation: 'Sorry we don't have any scones left for afternoon tea' 'OK can I have your soup and sandwich'. 'Sorry no soup left, but could get you some Heinz tomato soup'.'No thanks can I have the pork pie ploughmans'.'Sorry no pork pie' I eventually managed to secure a cheese ploughmans which promised Welsh Blackbomber cheese and several salads including carrot,peanut,apple and raisin .What arrived was a small piece of blackbomber cheese (I was served half a truckle when I had this dish on a previous occasion) and a small piece of brie which was under ripe, being a lover of French brie Welsh on this occasion was no where near up to the mark. I would suggest that it was not Welsh at all but supermarket bought as it had a poor consistency and had a faint ammonia after taste common in poor quality supermarket bought brie. There was a carrot salad of sorts but it certainly did not contain any peanuts,apple or raisins. I assume they were also short of ingredients for this dish also.Even with the lovely setting I have to say it will be a long time before we return- if ever.

cabanfan, Manager at Caban Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your last visits to the cafe. There are no excuses for the lack of choice on the menu that day . We are however in the process of changing our cafe lunch menu.
I would like to say that all our cheeses are locally sourced and that we do not use supermarket equivalents it is our policy that everything is locally sourced and organic .
I do take complaints very seriously and I have addressed the issue with all my staff . We do encourage you and your family to get back in touch with us and hopefully make your next visit quite different
Yours Sincerely