“Best Bed + Breakfast in Caernarfon.”
Review of Victoria House B&B

Victoria House B&B
Ranked #1 of 21 Caernarfon B&B and Inns
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
“Best Bed + Breakfast in Caernarfon.”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Victoria House is the best bed+breakfast in Caernarfon. Luckily, my Son-in-law found this wonderful establishment a few years ago. We have stayed there frequently ever since. You receive such a cheerful welcome in a warm, friendly atmosphere.The rooms are tastefully decorated. Lovely and clean plus the cooked breakfasts are delicious. A truly delightful establishment to enhance your stay in Caernarfon. Thank you. A credit to you Jan - well done!

Room Tip: All the rooms are delightful and comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RossLynn D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
West Kirby
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I enjoy just "popping off" for a few days touring round my favourite places in the UK. I visit many B&Bs and some larger Hotels but never was I so surprised at the shock of entering my room at "Victoria House" . It would have done credit to any top Hotel in the country ,every conceivable item that you could need was catered for, beautiful furniture, drapes and spotlessly clean and tidy. I am sure "The Hotel Inspector" if she attended could not find a single fault !.... Jan, the Owner is a wonderful Hostess and also produces a very hearty breakfast with more then the usual extras on the tables - even candlelit breakfast !!
It is so central to the centre of Caenarfon and I shall certainly return.

Room Tip: Book in good time so as not to be disappointed !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Paul W
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been staying at The Victoria house infrequently over the last 10 years in the course of my business.
I just want to formally say what i splendid place it is in every respect and that it seems to improve year after year!
Their new residents lounge is very nice indeed and was a very welcomming addition to my stay this time.
I would just like to recommend Victoria House in this review and I WILL be staying there again as and when my work allows.
Very Best wishes to Jan for running such a welcomming place. Thank you.

Room Tip: Any room is good as the location of this business in right inside the old walls. Truely historic wit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Neil A
Leicester
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I came to stay at Victoria House at the last minute, we had not read any reviews. What a very enjoyable shock. We received a very warm welcome and a very welcome drink and nibbles on arrival. the decor and rooms were of a fantastik standard. the breakfast was of very high standard and plenty of it. Our host looked after us and we will be returning again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roger G
cheshire
Reviewed November 11, 2012

definately 5 * b&b. probably the best one we have stayed in. bedroom, breakfast were all top class, and faultless. jan and her mother were very welcoming, and nothing too much trouble!we loved the classy decor ,so inviting and a lovely warm atmosphere. an added bonus was jan taking us onto the town wall,to admire the wonderful views!an ideal position to tour the wonderful historic town,we found there was always somewhere to park. would love to re-visit, and would definitely stay at victoria house again.!!

Room Tip: room 5-top quality, especially the spa bath!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CheshireFrancesca
Caerffili, Wales
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have a neighbour. Good hearted and kind, but always HAS to say that his holiday hotel was five star- even 5 star plus, because someone has stayed in an equivalent . We never believed that 5 star plus was a possibility- even the Del Coronado and some Spanish Paradores, however plush, have some deficiencies. And then we arrived here, On a previous occasion when it was necessary to come to Caernarfon, my wife and I had stayed in one of a large chain of lodges, and it was adequate for our needs. While there, we had taken a walk along Church Street from Victoria Dock, and she had commented on the many B & B guesthouses that were in that street, and suggested that we try one of them on our next necessary visit.
The moment came and at short notice, I chased the Websites, and saw the available amenities and the multistarred reviews given for one B & B called Victoria House. The prices weren't bad either, so much so that I had to telephone to confirm what my eyes had read. And that was my first chat with Jan, who came over as a warmhearted person, who would go out of her way to make sure that your stay was more than excellent. I booked immediately, and confirmed our intentions on a later telephone call, having suggested that I might be late arriving, and would she please accept my apologies for this.
There was an air of pleasant anticipation on the journey to Caernarfon, and indeed, nothing but praise could be heaped on the many aspects of the guesthouse. The welcome, the various gestures of welcome provided, the bedroom, the breakfasts, the morning views over the Menai- and even my sleep!! I could not avail myself of all the kindnesses and amenities,as not everything provided was needed by ourselves. But everything that other travellers might need was there, in particular the welcome packs in the bedrooms. Really, there would be no need to take along travel necesssities and toiletries. They are all available as part of the service!!
Unavoidably, the position of the guesthouse puts pressure on car parking, being in a narrow street within the town walls.This was the case on our arrival. So what! Jan gets into the car after the luggage was dropped off, and guides me to an appropriate free parking spot not far away. She then apologised for the scaffolding erected for maintenance. What is to scaffolding when the welcome the other side is so fabulous?
Full Marks Jan. 5 star plus in fact!!!!! See you soon!( If you've got space)

Room Tip: Any room is worth it- even the one with the whirlpool bath. There was no lift- but no strain getting...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Iwan-Machen
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed three nights at Victoria House and loved it. Our room overlooked the harbor and was very quiet and comfortable. I especially appreciated the bathrobe, slippers and other touches that made me feel at home. We enjoyed reading in the lounge in the evenings with a glass of wine after a day of sightseeing. The breakfasts were delicious too.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple