Review Highlights
multifunctionality is maybe not in its favour...

Crimes of grindewald screening we came to watch. im aware much of the builiding is intended for... read more

Reviewed December 26, 2018
minxyfrog
Cinema Meal Deal

Reviewed October 3, 2018
shlush
Llanfairfechan, United Kingdom

All reviews new building staff were very friendly car park theatre lecture arts film comedy innovation production cafe screening university
Reviewed October 3, 2018

My husband and I booked a Wednesday night cinema meal deal for date night. Included were tickets to The Predator, a 12" Margherita pizza and a drink (glass of wine, a bottle of beer or soft drink) - all for only £15 each. We added a topping on the pizza's - my husband had parma ham and I had roasted vegetables. Very yummy!
We then bought snacks and drinks (a large soft drink and popcorn is only £3.50) - bargain!
We booked our tickets in advance but typically I would imagine you can buy at the booking office when you arrive on the day. Some events might be more popular and perhaps sell out quicker than others though.
Just a note that for parking you use the nearby public carparks. One of the closest, Glanrafon Car Park, is free after 6pm.
In the cinema, there were toilets on the approach to the doors to the screen and the elevation of the seats was perfect to enable everyone to see even if a tall person sat in front of them! The seats aren't the most comfortable but I settled into a position. There are little swivel tables from the arms of the chairs, but being heavily pregnant I was too big to make use of them!
All in all, we had a perfect night and look forward to returning and will highly recommend to others. Thank you.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I went with my daughter and granddaughter to see a film last week very good.It`s so convenient to have a cinema in Bangor instead of having to go to llandudno Junction .There is popcorn and sweets available at the bar before you go in and you can take a hot drink in with you as well.There are quite a few things going for Pontio a lovely cafe overlooking the town which does excellent food also a smaller cafe further up the building where you can sit outside and have food.Lifts are there if you don`t want to climb the stairs.It`s a usefull way to get up to the university as well the top leads out to it otherwise it`s a steep hill to climb.Many things go on in there including a drama club for youngsters for different school ages and they put on a show at xmas to include all the classes.It`s a really clean modern building .

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Lovely lunch only thing very quiet onlt two of us there would recommend to eat here they have a new menu here

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here and was very good. No complaints at all. Very good service too. Would recommend if you are visiting pontio

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Attended a private view for the Fine Arts degree show here. This is a brand new building, which had its troubles initially being delayed somewhat - but worth the wait. Great modern design, approached through the original arched portal. Two restaurants, one of which was closed by 18:00 when we arrived. Parking is limited, but there is a public one opposite the venue, free after 6pm.

Date of experience: May 2018