“100% better with new landlady”
Review of The Boatyard Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangor
The Boatyard Inn
Ranked #13 of 24 Bangor B&B and Inns
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“100% better with new landlady”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I had stayed here before, in 2007, so when I had to come to Bangor again, the last b&b I wanted to stay, was the Boatyard. No vacancies elsewhere, so I had no choice, & booked in. WHAT A CHANGE!. Haley, the new landlady,makes you so welcome. The place is so different, bar-meals were value for money,breakfast, first class. Would certainly come again. Please remember, b&b, not hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2010

A real nice place to stay for a stopover and a hearty breakfast with a good choice on evening meals ! All served by friendly staff !

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Cardiff
Reviewed September 11, 2009

After 3 days up the read at Eryl Mor I couldn't take it any more and thought I'd try the Boatyard for my eveing meal.
After the excellent Pork loin dinner I was bemoaing to the owner (lovley lady that she is) that I was up the road and how terrible it was. To my great relief The Boatyard had a room available the next day. I booked there and then.
The starters, main meals and desserts are excellent quality and remarkable for the price. I had the spring roll starter, the pork, salmon and tuna main, and the chocolate pudding dessert (3 times!) - all excellent (on par with the Harp at Old Radnor and almost with Felin Fach outside Brecon).
The room was basic but clean and comfortable. There is a shared bathroom, but with only two other rooms to let it wasn't a problem, and I rather a shared clean bathroom than a dirty en-suite.
The breakfast was very, very good too. All staff are friendy. The Pub / Bisto atmosphere is very nice, and if warm enough, it's nice to sit out and look across the Menai and boatyard.
It was nice having been working all day to know I'd be going back to the Boatyard to eat drink and sleep.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Wales
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Stayed last and was very impressed with the food. Basic accomodation but good vLUE 4 MONEY

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2007

We stayed here for one night in September and were disappointed. Although the room was large with a king size and a single bed, it was old fashioned and scruffy. The door wouldn't lock from the inside which left us feeling insecure.

We'd booked a table for the evening meal in advance as we didn't know the area. The menu was varied, with options including salmon or steak and ale pie. Our party ordered main courses and waited.... and waited. More than an hour passed without the food appearing, despite us asking about it several times. When it finally arrived, one of the meals (a curry) was cold, another (the salmon) was barely cooked. The staff took the plates away and returned them after blasting them in the microwave.

The only saving grace was the breakfast, which was delicious, I just wish the rest of the service was of the same standard!

• Liked — Lovely views
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank madmum33
North West
Reviewed September 15, 2007

We stayed at the Boatyard Inn for two nights last week. We found the atmosphere to be warm and friendly and the staff very accommodating and helpful. The room was basic and this is reflected in the price - the room was spotless. The food was excellent and reasonably priced.

Considering we stayed on a Friday and Saturday we soon realised that we were lucky to get a table as it is very popular.

Thanks for an enjoyable stay

• Liked — Friendly and helpful staff
  • Disliked — Busy at the weekend
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zhenny
Banbury
Reviewed July 17, 2007

II am really disappointed with the service I have experienced with the boat yard inn- I have been treated rudely, aggressively and with total disrespect by the manager. I do not feel as the customer that my booking was valued, and I have never come across a service where the guests have had their dignity violated. I booked rooms for my family for my brother’s graduation in Bangor, July 2007, in March- I called to confirm the booking the week of our arrival- which was confirmed by a gentleman there. I was called the DAY BEFORE we were due to arrive and told the rooms had been double booked and we could not stay. The woman I spoke to said it wasn’t her fault and that we could not stay. Again, she said it wasn’t her fault. I said I appreciated mistakes can be made and asked what could be done to resolve the issue. She was not forthcoming with suggestions so I said could she find some where else- we needed a place to stay the next day. She was very unhappy about this, and said in no uncertain terms that there was NO way she would compensate or pay the difference. She got back to me with some suggestions about places to stay- but on the 2 different nights my family would be split up, and one half would have to move hotels each night. She was very unreasonable, said she didn’t care about what happened to our booking and didn’t want us to stay there. Further guests be warned.

• Liked — It would have been convenient to stay in for my brother's graduation- but they let us down
  • Disliked — The service, the attitude and the way they spoke to me saying they had cancelled my booking
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Clayre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Eryl Mor Hotel
The Management Centre
The Management Centre
#1 of 10 in Bangor
Ashbrook, Bangor Boutique Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Boatyard Inn? Share your experiences!