“Good Service & Hospitable Staff”
Review of The Garden Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Garden Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bangor
Welwyn Garden City, England, United Kingdom
“Good Service & Hospitable Staff”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

i stayed at this place for 2 nights when i traveled to Bangor on a vacation recently. The staff here were very hospitable and the service offered was really great. Also, the hotel is very close to the railway station (just across the road actually). I had dinner on both the nights at the restaurant in the same hotel as well. I really enjoyed the Asian food served there. i would definitely recommend people to try some sea food (prawn) dishes served at this place...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Rajesh P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have been staying here nearly every month for 2 years for business and I will not stay anywhere else. Iv tried other places but they don't compare to the level of service and hospitality the staff offer here. Im quite particular withwhere I stay and nothing is too much to ask and iv have honestly never come across an establishment that genuinely
care and respects for its customers.
I highly recommend this place.

Ps. The restaurant food is a must!

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank dozday
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Booked a room with external website, got there and paid then got taken to the smallest room I've seen with no bathroom I was then told my bathroom was down a flight of stairs seperate, obviously not ideal... The lady was extremely rude saying I didn't seem happy therefore she wasn't going to let me stay there
She then proceeded to be insulting and rude, and literally said she wasn't going to give me a refund and push me out the door... I was totally bemused I I fact thought it was a set up for a tv show!! I had to then get myself into another hotel which was difficult as they were all booked up for Easter
The prices of this hotel may sound reasonable but the people who run it are the rudest, I would strongly advise you stay clear of this accommodation

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Niklou81
Oxford
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed for one night on 13 April for business. All staff I encountered were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The décor in the rooms was a little tired, but the room I stayed in was reasonably well-equipped, with a decent shower and wifi connection. Hotel is a few minutes' walk from the train station. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank MarthaOxford
Llangoed, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My family and I had a takeaway from restaurant. The first thing that hit me was the quality of the staff. They where chatty and very, very kind and helpful. They where the nicest pair of staff I have ever come across in any entire life! Then the food: it was SUPERB!!! Definitely one of the tastiest Chinese/Cantonese meals I've ever had. The food was simply amazing! I world recommend this restaurant to any family who loves Chinese/Cantonese food. A little beauty!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Ciarán E
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We were originally booked in for two nights on business but stayed only one as it was terrible. The staff were nice and helpful but the hotel was terrible: tatty, cramped and filled with a pervasive smell of cooking from the restaurant. It is quite well situated for pubs and restaurants, which makes it easy to stay out of the place as long as possible. This is one of the worse hotels we have had the misfortune to stay in.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Pete1234567
Garden328, Manager at The Garden Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write your review.

We understand that you were upset and not happy with our Hotel's 24 Cancellation Policy.

Your feedback and comments have been taken into consideration.

We do hope that you will decide to come back to stay with us again and, until then, I would assure you of my best attention at all times.

Kind regards

Sandra
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

If your staying in Bangor this is definitely the place to stay all the staff are very friendly. The whole hotel is spotlessly clean and tidy. I had a single room at the back not en-suite, my Choice as it was cheaper. The room was a good size with everything you would expect, the bathroom had a very large shower with plenty of hot water and plenty of pressure.

Then there's the restaurant what can I say 'superb' Even if your not staying at the Garden Hotel, if you like Chinese food this is a must. Unusually for a Chinese they use local fresh ingredients. All the food is freshly prepared and it shows.

The following morning I had to catch a train from Bangor station which took all of 3 minutes to walk to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Mick2606
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Premier Inn Bangor Hotel
#5 of 6 in Bangor
Tyn Rhos Country House
Tyn Rhos Country House
#1 of 1 in Llanddeiniolen

Been to The Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!