“A pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Adelpha Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangor
Adelpha Guesthouse
Ranked #18 of 23 Bangor B&B and Inns
sheffield
“A pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here when visiting some friends and had a lovely stay. It is located a 2-minute taxi ride from the station and you can easily walk into town (about 5-10 minutes).
Check-in was fast and the owner was very kind and helpful in recommending places to eat and places to visit-Beaumaris and Caernafon Castle are a must if you have time! If you come out of the guesthouse and turn left, walk for 10 minutes, the Bangor Pier is also well worth a visit.
The room was simply furnished but most importantly clean!! There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room, with tv and freeview. The breakfast was fab....a good selection! (Have the full English!)
I would definitely stay here if you are looking for a simple, comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank denise s

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a fairly typical B&B that is situated on a main road that’s about a 10/15 minute walk from Bangor train station. Our party of five stayed here as we were on our way to Festival No.6, which was taking place in Portmeirion. If you have a lot of gear like we did then you might want to consider getting a taxi to make life easier.

The initial greeting at the B&B was friendly and we were quickly shown to our respected rooms. Two of the rooms were situated on the first floor and the other one on the ground. Our room was quite spacious but also quite basic. There was a double bed in it and a single bed. In comparison to the room, the bathroom was quite small with a shower cubicle that a larger person might struggle a bit inside.

We decided to pay on the night we arrived to ensure we weren’t held up in the morning as we needed to catch a shuttle bus to the festival. Whilst my partner and the other members of the party were sorting out the payments, I closed the curtains as it was around 9pm when we arrived. Like many aspects of this B&B, the ill fitting curtains and cheap rail made it a bit of a struggle to close them properly. Whilst I attempted this leaning over the bed, my hand slipped and I accidentally broke one of the glass lamp shades attached to the wall. They were only small so it didn’t take long to clear up the glass. I decided I would tell the owners about this in the morning.

We’d forgotten our confirmation booking for the shuttle bus and were hoping that the owners would be able to print this out for us from an email and were a little disappointed that they were unable to do this (luckily we managed to get on the bus in the end).

There are a couple of pubs nearby as well, we went to the Ship Launch where a quiz was taking place and it was perfectly pleasant, they even fed us on free chips and pizza.

The breakfast was the usual affair of an English breakfast with cereals and tea and coffee. Not all of the party slept that well as the downstairs rooms are subject to a bit of noise from the comings and going of people and the door opening and closing.

Just before breakfast I took the opportunity to explain about the broken lamp shade and was thanked for my honesty, I even showed one of the owners how it happened and what I’d done with the glass etc. After the breakfast, whilst getting ready to leave, I was approached and told to pay £30 for the breakage. This was essentially a cheap looking, small lamp shade. I was quite taken aback. This clearly left a sour taste in the mouth and added to what I considered to be an already too expensive price for a room (£65) which was now £95!. We left quite soon after that with my wallet £30 lighter. I thought establishments like this might have had this sort of thing covered under some insurance? Maybe not.

Overall I would say this was an overpriced and very average place to stay and the initial friendliness of the hosts soon evaporated after the lamp shade incident. With the festival looking to be on again, maybe more people might consider staying here? I definitely won’t be and would look for a better, cheaper option and something a lot closer to the train station.

Room Tip: Try not to break anything.