Adelpha Guesthouse
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bangor
See available hotels
Auckland Arms(Menai Bridge)
  • Bar/Lounge
Victoria Hotel(Menai Bridge)
View Hotel
The Anglesey Arms(Menai Bridge)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Myself and freinds stayed in Dilfan guest house recently when we attened Radio 1's big weekend and enjoyed our stay very much! the room's that we stayed in where great value for money as they were spacious, extremly clean and comfortable. The location of Dilfan was great for us as it was very central and close to town which made it easy for us to get the bus from the town to radio 1's big weekend in vanol estate. The breakfast we had was by what i can only describe as delicious and defenatly cured my hangover!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank FIisher
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I have recently stayed at Dilfan guest house with other members of my family and found the experience most enjoyable. The warm and relaxed atmospher was perfect for a large family like my own! The owner was happy to help with any queries we had with Bangor and activities we could do on our holiday which was extremly helpfull as we had not visited Bangor before, but due to our lovely stay we shall defenatly be visting the area and Dilfan guest house again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Simm0nds_family
Reviewed November 6, 2009

This is a bit of a cheat in a way, as I ended up leaving the place to find a much better alternative in Caernarfon. Maybe I was unlucky but even at a bargain basement £25 (£30 with breakfast) I reckon this was a shocker. The landlady was not there and a young girl, probably her daughter, showed me to the room, which initially I was just glad to have since everywhere in Bangor was full that day, in advance of University Open Day on the Friday. The room was pretty pokey, but it was as I looked more closely that its unpleasantness became more obvious. Peeling paper, musty smell, unexplained large brown soiling mark on the carpet by the bed, no remote for the TV, light over the sink in the room not working.... There was a separate bathroom that looked quite decent...but when I went in to run a bath (which was what I really wanted, having climbed Snowdon earlier) there was no plug! That was the last straw and I went downstairs to ask for a refund. This the girl did, with very bad grace and virtually slammed the door behind me. It was me thinking good riddance as well, for sure, and I would rather sleep in my car than visit Dilfan again. Incidentally, it may well be that it goes off the radar anyway as there wasa For Sale sign at the front.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2009

V pleasant room, very clean. Landlady v friendly and willing to do me a cooked breakfast at 7am on a Saturday to enable me to make an early start to Snowdon via public transport. V pleasant location - 5 minutes walk to Bangor's impressive pier, with two Good Beer Guide entries (Boatyard and Tap & Spile) in between. 15 minute walk to the railway station; 5 minute walk to the bus stop for Llanberis (for Snowdon). Would defnintely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I stayed here visiting the university in November. The room was so cold we had to wear fleece and wooly socks on top of our pyjamas.
The en-suite bathroom was basically a cupboard with no windows that smelt strongly of damp.
The breakfast was adequate.

Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family