“sunday lunch and pleanty of gravy”
Review of Ty Golchi

Ty Golchi
Ranked #4 of 163 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ty Golchi is a family friendly, independently owned and run cafe, serving a wide range of freshly prepared food. With a large car park, fully disabled access and toilet facilities. We have ample outside seating and a large garden for our patrons to enjoy (weather permitting) A warm Welsh welcome awaits all our customers. As all our staff are fluent english speakers we offer a fully bi-lingual service.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

second visit to Ty Golchi for Sunday lunch, and again it was faultless, the food was excellent quality and plenty of it, a jug of gravy served with our meal which is great as i like lots of gravy on my dinner, clean place, really friendly staff, nice welcome, will definitely go here again and i recommend it for everyone

1  Thank guy301

Reviewed June 6, 2013

A close friend and I visited a couple of weeks back for lunch. A very cute and pleasant place with a nice atmosphere. I would say however that the music was far too loud! I had a chicken caesar salad which was mediocre - there was nothing about it that made it particularly special, typically cold chicken with wet leaves (on a very small plate which made it difficult to eat!). Service was awful however, we both finished our lunches, and then we waited! The girls were polishing cutlery, having a gossip, and we waited some more! After about 45 minutes of blatantly having finished our lunches we decided to leave. As a restaurant manager myself I would advise that the staff are taught more about customer service.

1  Thank Country321
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had Lunch at Ty Golchi today(27 May) We ordered six dishes from the Tapas Menu. The presentation of these dishes was outstanding. They were nestled on a bed of Salad, Fruit(including Kumquats, Pineapple, Strawberries, Kiwi, Melon, Orange slices, Apple slices and Pear slices. The dishes were all excellent. The Homemade Pate was delicious. Nice Ciabatta, generous servings of Dipping Sauces The Service was prompt and friendly. Ty Golchi has a really nice atmosphere and is very welcoming to Families. Car Parking facilities are great. They also have a full Menu of British Food, something for everyone. If you haven't been, give it a try. You will go back.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We called in about 1.30 for lunch.We were served quickly and our drinks brought to us immediately.The place is modern-red walls and lovely lighting.Our meals arrived.The fajitas were beautiful but what impressed me most was the salad-good fresh ingredients.The fresh pineapple and orange was a nice touch!Next time we go I will definitely choose the salad-or the tapas!!The homemade chips we had to share were lovely but unfortunately we couldnt finish them as we were too full.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been to Ty Golchi twice now and twice I have not been overly impressed with my food. We arrived when it was very busy. We had sat at our table for 30 mins before anyone came to take our drink order, when we booked the table earlier that morning I asked for a high chair and I was reassured we would have one, when we got to our table there was no high chair there (any parent with a 9 month old active child will appreciate this!) the server wasn't very helpful as I had to go and get one myself when there was one that came available. The food was ok, didn't have the wow factor for me.
The place is nice but I wouldn't rush there anytime soon.

1  Thank bmor123