“Just ok” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ty Golchi

Ty Golchi
Ranked #3 of 157 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ty Golchi is a family friendly, independently owned and run cafe, serving a wide range of freshly prepared food. With a large car park, fully disabled access and toilet facilities. We have ample outside seating and a large garden for our patrons to enjoy (weather permitting) A warm Welsh welcome awaits all our customers. As all our staff are fluent english speakers we offer a fully bi-lingual service.
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

A close friend and I visited a couple of weeks back for lunch. A very cute and pleasant place with a nice atmosphere. I would say however that the music was far too loud! I had a chicken caesar salad which was mediocre - there was nothing about it that made it particularly special, typically cold chicken with wet leaves (on a very small plate which made it difficult to eat!). Service was awful however, we both finished our lunches, and then we waited! The girls were polishing cutlery, having a gossip, and we waited some more! After about 45 minutes of blatantly having finished our lunches we decided to leave. As a restaurant manager myself I would advise that the staff are taught more about customer service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Country321

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“£17.95 Tapas For Two - A Bargain.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had Lunch at Ty Golchi today(27 May) We ordered six dishes from the Tapas Menu. The presentation of these dishes was outstanding. They were nestled on a bed of Salad, Fruit(including Kumquats, Pineapple, Strawberries, Kiwi, Melon, Orange slices, Apple slices and Pear slices. The dishes were all excellent. The Homemade Pate was delicious. Nice Ciabatta, generous servings of Dipping Sauces The Service was prompt and friendly. Ty Golchi has a really nice atmosphere and is very welcoming to Families. Car Parking facilities are great. They also have a full Menu of British Food, something for everyone. If you haven't been, give it a try. You will go back.

Pwllheli, United Kingdom
“LOVELY SALAD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We called in about 1.30 for lunch.We were served quickly and our drinks brought to us immediately.The place is modern-red walls and lovely lighting.Our meals arrived.The fajitas were beautiful but what impressed me most was the salad-good fresh ingredients.The fresh pineapple and orange was a nice touch!Next time we go I will definitely choose the salad-or the tapas!!The homemade chips we had to share were lovely but unfortunately we couldnt finish them as we were too full.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been to Ty Golchi twice now and twice I have not been overly impressed with my food. We arrived when it was very busy. We had sat at our table for 30 mins before anyone came to take our drink order, when we booked the table earlier that morning I asked for a high chair and I was reassured we would have one, when we got to our table there was no high chair there (any parent with a 9 month old active child will appreciate this!) the server wasn't very helpful as I had to go and get one myself when there was one that came available. The food was ok, didn't have the wow factor for me.
The place is nice but I wouldn't rush there anytime soon.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank bmor123
Cardiff
“Eat great food and be served by great staff in a great environment with a warm Welsh welcome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

On walking in your certainly get a great welcome from the staff. Great smiles and they enjoy people. First time I went it was like visiting old friends. I usually go for breakfasts but all the food is good. You maybe pay a little more than some places, but the ingredients used are not budget ones. Sausage and bacon that tastes as it should and top quality mushrooms and tomatoes. Everything I have ever had has been cooked perfect and served fast and with a smile. The staff being Welsh love kids and it is just the most child friendly place to go. The cafe itself is spotless and well furnished and it is a pleasure to eat there. The family just love the place and the staff love running the place which reflects in the great service. It is owned by top Welsh comedian Tudor Owen who is as nice in real life as on the TV.