“Great for students!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is one of the best places in the city to sit down, have a vegan dinner, tea and revise in a peaceful environment. As soon as you enter you are immediately welcomed by the staff and can can enjoy a relaxing atmosphere at a table, on the sofa or (On a sunny day) outside at the back of the cafe. With over 30 teas, various chocolates, free newspapers and the opportunity to meet like minded people this is truly a very special place.

There are newer reviews for Kyffin Cafe Deli

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went with a friend for a much needed coffee and a chat and this place was perfect. I had never been there before. It was cosy, peaceful and relaxing. We sat in a nice corner of the cafe on a comfy sofa. I did not order food so cannot give a rating for that. The owner was lovely and told us a little about the inspiration behind the decor which was tastefully put together. I'm looking forward to a return visit!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The food was delicious and very tasty, the staff were lovely and friendly. The range of sweets and treats was great. It was decorated with some beautiful things from around the world and had a homely atmosphere.

1  Thank PortuFluff
Reviewed November 7, 2012

reccommend the goats cheese tart! Once you find this place its excellent for a tea break. Good place to buy souvenirs and local produce as gifts too.

1  Thank kathy s
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I always look into the restaurants in Trip Advisor in the place I am going to travel! And this time I went to a place in North Wales called Bangor! And that's how I found Kyffin.

To start off, I love every little bit of the cafe, it makes you feel like you are in a traditional French Cafe which you can find very cute antique stained glass window and furniture. It easily lightened up my mood in those miserable Welsh windy and rainy weather...

And I was served by the very helpful and friendly staffs, especially the owner...Jo? (if I can still remember her name correctly). They just can't do enough for you (Believe me I saw them serving a rather loud customer with a child who kept them running back and forth in the cafe to bring her little things many times!). Jo told me that she want to train her stuff as one of those Viennese cafe staff - traditional (in a way they greet everyone as sir or madam), but yet still very humorous and interesting!

And the FOOD was fabulous! I think this cafe is aim at selling home-made food....I had the spinach and feta tart with a wide selection of freshly made salad and a piece of carrot cake with lemon and orange icing! YUMMMMM! They were not trying to reach the michelin star standard. I think Kyffin made me think twice about what should food really be. I mean they freshly harvest their own vegetable freshly in their own farm everyday! For a person from the metropolitan city like me would think "WHO WOULD DO THIS NOWADAYS!?" This reminds me of my granny's cooking (very comforting and joyful)...

Good foods take more than the expensive ingredients, funky presentation and fame. I can see Jo and her team spend lots of effort on CREATING the food and the atmosphere to eat in!! I would just like to thank Jo for bringing me such a fantastic experience and inspiring me. I am a foodie and I would totally recommend anyone to go to this brilliant little cafe!

4  Thank FoodiesNomNom
jo p, Owner at Kyffin Cafe Deli, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Oh, you are too kind!

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and kind words. We hope to serve you again in the future.