“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Spicy Vujon

Spicy Vujon
Ranked #88 of 157 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on a flying visit to bangor ,won't be coming back in a hurry,waiter/owner is not the friendliest person to be at front of house taking/barking orders ,food slightly resembles indian food ,don't waste your time and money

• Visited July 2013

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Must Visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Visited on Thursday evening in knowledge that students had departed so would possibly be a little quieter.

From the outside the restaurant doesn't scream out at you, but is actually tastefully decorated inside. Whilst this for me isn't a make or break as at end of day you go for food, not to look at wallpaper it helps. Only negative would be the "running water" display that is nice but doesn't help the bladder after a few pints of Cobra!

Was initially a little worried at the menu already on the table (this is the Sizzler Menu) as didnt contain any traditional foods. Waiter/manager laughed and then passed over other menu!

Chutney tray reasonably priced and was all fresh, with an interesting spicy alternative to the lime pickle. Presented very well.

Discussed with waiter a couple of different main meals I fancied and after listening to what I liked (as am not local/regular) suggested a dish that I had not tried before.

At this point it's worth noting that the majority of Indian restaurants I go into have an almost identical menu presentation and choice, leaving the chef to put their own slant on flavour/spice etc.

This appeared to have quite a few different options that were most welcome. The restaurant wasn't busy as not peak time so perhaps a bit biased but service was excellent and engaging.

Main dish was superb and you could see the fresh herbs and curry leaves within the sauce. None of your bog standard curry slop. Good options on the side orders and the garlic and cheese nan was superb!

A pet hate of mine is that Indian restaurants tend not to pay too much attention to their beer cellar. Normally draught off or warm etc. the draught Cobra served in this restaurant was superb, really impressed and not overly priced.

I read numerous reviews of this place before visiting (I alwas research my curry houses) and cannot fault it. I guess some of the lower ratings may have occurred during exceptionally busy times but as for the few comments on oily food I couldn't disagree more. Maybe cook has changed but was not greasy at all.

Will defiantly visit again

• Visited July 2013
Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“The closest to Indian food around Bangor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Sizzlers are a good value for money! The vegetable dishes and chicken dishes are the one I have tried. You can request them to change something (e.g. without mashrooms etc.) to costumise your food! The staff is friendly and listen to your choice...
Have visited them a number of times. Being an Indian I am choosy about Indian cusine outside. This seems to be a place I can rely on for some food not so much but closest to home food!

• Visited May 2013
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Food was lovely....not so much the staff!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Came here for food last night with a friend. Although the food was lovely and plenty for it for your money it was just a shame about the staff. It was pouring down with rain outside and i had an umbarella, (as you do), i came into the restaurant and a man came towards me and started shouting at me and pointing at the umbarella, the umbarella was dripping obviously from the rain outside. But the man grabbed my umbarella from me and shouted "GO" and made a hand movement for me to go to my table. My friend was already there, but i wasn't shown to my table as he was more concerned about the umbarella dripping.
Also, we felt like we had to rush our food, he kept on popping his head around to see if we had finished our meal.

• Visited June 2013
North Wales, United Kingdom
“Friendly Service, Excellent Food, Best in Town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

On my most recent visit, we went during the week when it had just opened - so it was quiet. However, I'd advise that you book in advance on Friday and Saturday's as it, understandably, gets busy.

I've had sit down and take-out from the Spicy Vujon, and it's awesome either way. The service is top-notch. Probably the best in the places which i've visited in Bangor. The atmosphere is also nice, and it's kept warm (but not too warm).

The food is always top quality. I've never heard bad things from friends, and I've never had a bad food. You might consider it to be a tad pricey - but nothing that should be to much of a shock for the quality that you are receiving. e.g. £3 for drinks, £6+ for a meal (without rice, which is another £1-2).

Best Indian in town. You'd be a fool to miss out.

• Visited June 2013