Whilst on a visit to TAL-Y-BONT near Bangor North Wales on sunday 3rd August 2014 to see family(All 5 of us, our daughter in law Nicola had made other arrangements so was unable to join us) We decided to go out to eat for Sunday dinner and asked our son Liam if he knew a good place to eat on a Sunday lunchtime, he said the Abbeyfield Hotel catered for Sunday lunch/Dinner , so we agreed and off we went, so by now their were 6 hungry adults and one 2 year old grandaughter whose name is Georgia, we all traipsed off in search of the Abbeyfield which as it turned out was only a couple of minutes walk away. On arrival we were greeted and made very welcome, the bar was quite busy and my son Liam approached the person behind the bar and enquired as to the possibility of meals for 7 people, we were shown to a quite a large room that was off from the main bar area, this was obviously the breakfast area for guests, we were shown to a large table and a high chair appeared for the youngster. We were presented with the menu which gave you a choice of either main meal, two course or three course, well as i was hungry i had originally decided on a three course meal starting with Prawns, Welsh roast beef with the trimmings and possibly some sort of apple pie or something else for desert, well i could not manage the desert because the other parts of the menu were of ample quantity and quality to satisfy my hunger. The meal was simply lovely as were the staff. It may not be the Ritz , however it is my little Ritz for sunday lunch . I cannot comment on the rooms as i have not stayed here (Yet!) however i in tend to stay some weekend with my good lady wife and take in Snowdon etc. So yes as far as Sunday dinner/lunch is concerned it is a hit with me both for the quality of the food, and quantity, the price was very reasonable also. The staff were very plesant and efficient overall a very good meal and experience. If you happen to be near Bangor and are looking for somewhere to eat on a sunday then give it a try, you never know you might be surprised. Phone up just to see if they are serving lunch/dfinner or if they have any left, especially if trhey have had a group of hungry travellers like ourselves. Tel:01248 352 219 or 01248 361 299.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Abbeyfield Hotel is a homely and personal hotel with restaurant, situated in the city of Bangor in Gwynedd, within walking distance of the National Trust property, Penrhyn Castle. Abbeyfield is an ideal base to explore the beautiful and varied North Wales area. In its several centuries of existence, it has been a Coaching Inn, a Farmhouse and since 1968, a privately owned hotel offering a high standard of comfort and friendly hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Abbeyfield Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbeyfield Hotel Talybont
- Abbeyfield Hotel Bangor, Wales - North Wales