“Dropped in for Sunday Lunch. Very good welsh Beef dinner.”
Review of Abbeyfield Hotel

and 1 more site!
Abbeyfield Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bangor
manchester
“Dropped in for Sunday Lunch. Very good welsh Beef dinner.”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Whilst on a visit to TAL-Y-BONT near Bangor North Wales on sunday 3rd August 2014 to see family(All 5 of us, our daughter in law Nicola had made other arrangements so was unable to join us) We decided to go out to eat for Sunday dinner and asked our son Liam if he knew a good place to eat on a Sunday lunchtime, he said the Abbeyfield Hotel catered for Sunday lunch/Dinner , so we agreed and off we went, so by now their were 6 hungry adults and one 2 year old grandaughter whose name is Georgia, we all traipsed off in search of the Abbeyfield which as it turned out was only a couple of minutes walk away. On arrival we were greeted and made very welcome, the bar was quite busy and my son Liam approached the person behind the bar and enquired as to the possibility of meals for 7 people, we were shown to a quite a large room that was off from the main bar area, this was obviously the breakfast area for guests, we were shown to a large table and a high chair appeared for the youngster. We were presented with the menu which gave you a choice of either main meal, two course or three course, well as i was hungry i had originally decided on a three course meal starting with Prawns, Welsh roast beef with the trimmings and possibly some sort of apple pie or something else for desert, well i could not manage the desert because the other parts of the menu were of ample quantity and quality to satisfy my hunger. The meal was simply lovely as were the staff. It may not be the Ritz , however it is my little Ritz for sunday lunch . I cannot comment on the rooms as i have not stayed here (Yet!) however i in tend to stay some weekend with my good lady wife and take in Snowdon etc. So yes as far as Sunday dinner/lunch is concerned it is a hit with me both for the quality of the food, and quantity, the price was very reasonable also. The staff were very plesant and efficient overall a very good meal and experience. If you happen to be near Bangor and are looking for somewhere to eat on a sunday then give it a try, you never know you might be surprised. Phone up just to see if they are serving lunch/dfinner or if they have any left, especially if trhey have had a group of hungry travellers like ourselves. Tel:01248 352 219 or 01248 361 299.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great food served in the bar for dinner and individual hot breakfasts in the breakfast room,unlike lukewarm buffets elsewhere.Well done Abbeyfield.Bar area is very homely and the staff are very friendly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Abbeyfield Hotel is a good overnight stop. The rooms are clean, the bed was comfortable, breakfast was good, evening meal was ok. Rooms and corridors need a lick of paint. You can hear the railway but it is not too obtrusive. I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Located close to the local attractions including the Snowdonia National Park, Betwsy Y Coed and other amazing places, it made a great resting place. The management and staff were very friendly and the quality of the meals and accommodation was of a very high standard.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank James D
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This place is very tired and in need of an update. The TV was ancient, the furniture was very worn and the bathroom was pathetic. None of the lights above the bed or in the bathroom worked. Breakfast was adequate. Price paid was £70, its prob £40 worth. No fire instructions on door either in room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaronIan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Having stayed at Abbeyfield hotel over the easter break from Thursday to Sunday I wanted to pass on my experience. I could find no fault with this hotel and would like to specifically point out the hospitality from the staff and the food that is available here. The room was in good condition and the bed was very comfy, breakfast was available at reasonable times and was always very nice quality without at delay. The menu during the evening is also very reasonable in terms of price and it is fantastic quality, with everything being cooked fresh to order from local produce, I would highly recommend the Steak and Ale pie which in my opinion is the best I have ever had. The bar also has a nice selection of drinks which is perfect after a long day. Overall I would highly recommend the Hotel and like to thank the staff for their hospitality throughout my stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Reiss S
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had to bring my Youngest Daughter to Bangor for and Open Day at the University. Although the Hotel is outside Bangor it was in pleasant location with good views of the local scenery. Sadly the weather was not too good. The single rooms were clean and warm. The welcome from the outset was warm. We were told that we shouldn't go to eat in Bangor as the restaurant food was excellent. This was no false claim. The portions were large and very filling. My daughter said that her Sea Bass was wonderful and I enjoyed my Salmon and Spaghetti.
Although I had planned to go to bed early, I got talking to the friendly Staff and other customers and gained some valuable insight into Bangor and the University. The very good Orme Bitter made staying in the bar a pleasant.interlude.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Premier Inn Bangor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanddeiniolen
The Anglesey Arms
The Anglesey Arms
#4 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Abbeyfield Hotel? Share your experiences!