“Great food, good value & pleasant relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Noodle One

Noodle One
Ranked #3 of 163 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have eaten in Noodle One ten times in the last year and always had delicious food in ample proportions and very good service. The spare ribs are the best I've had anywhere. Their specials are always worth a try.
My son who is a student, recommended this place since it is excellent and very good value. My wife and I eat out frequently in a wide range of restaurants and we would recommend Noodle one to anyone who enjoys authentic oriental food, freshly prepared!

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The chicken katsu curry was disappointing. Usually my FAVOURITE dish. The portion was tiny for the price paid. I had 5 Small pieces of chicken which were soggy. Not going to waste my money here again

NoodleOne, Owner at Noodle One, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

We were very dismayed to read your review and would like to apologise if your Katsu chicken was not up to its usual standard. As the Katsu curry is your favourite dish it will not surprise you to learn that it is one of our most popular dishes too.

If you ever feel something is not up to its usual standard, please inform a member of staff and we will endeavour to correct it right away.

We try extremely hard to ensure that all food is of the highest standard at all times, but occasionally mistakes are made. I'm sorry your Katsu curry wasn't as good as usual but please remember all the good experiences you have had at Noodle One and don't write us off just yet.

We hope to see you again.

Kind Regards

The Noodle One Team

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The service was VERY slow. The stock used in my chilli ramen was delicious. I would have happily drank a bowl of the stock and nothing else. The spice level was perfect and there was a real depth of flavour. However, the stock was luke warm. I sent it back and it returned warm rather than hot. My son had the regular ramen and the stock lacked a depth of flavour. I think that the idea of bowls of unctuous bowls of noodle soup with a choice of innards is excellent. However, the key to success is a great stock. 10/10 for the chilli ramen stock; 5/10 for the basic ramen stock.

Thank you for your custom and the review of Noodle One.

We were very glad to hear how much you enjoyed your chilli Ramen but disappointed that you felt the basic Ramen was too basic. A lot of our dishes have very flavoursome and strong spices in, so we have the basic Ramen available for anyone wanting a much more subtle flavour. You may be interested to know that all our Ramens start with our daily homemade basic Ramen stock and then different sauces and spices are added to achieve the different Ramen flavours. I would recommend the Sukiyaki Ramen should you visit us again, it has a sweet and spicy flavoursome taste and should provide your son with a much more punchy and spicy dining experience.

I would also like to thank you for giving us a chance to resolve the issue over the temperature of your dish. If ever a customer has an issue in the restaurant we always ask for them to raise it at the time so we can have the chance to put it right. If on the very rare occasion we don't get it right the second time, keep plugging away, we will always be happy to rise to the challenge and just want everyone to leave Noodle One happy. I would also like to re-assure you that we have a 5/5 hygiene rating and that all our food is temperature probed here at Noodle One. So even if it isn't it at your ideal temperature, rest assured that it is thoroughly cooked in line with industry standards.

I would also like to apologise if you felt you waited too long for your food - this is occasionally an issue during busy periods. Here at Noodle One we cook all our dishes from fresh, using only the freshest ingredients and local meats. You will notice that all our meats and vegetables are chopped and prepared in such a way that it maximises surface area and therefore minimises cooking time. Apart from this element there is little we can do to speed up the cooking time without compromising on the quality. Before we took over Noodle One my partner and I decided that the quality of the food was going to be the deciding factor in how we operate the business. There are no convenience or bought in, pre- prepared anything on our menu, everything is homemade in house. The quality of the finished dish is one aspect of the restaurant that we will not compromise on. We always try our best to get the food to the table in good time, but If you visit Noodle One during a busy period, please bare with us. We like to put the same amount of time and care into every dish and thankfully, we generally find that once people have tasted the food they decide it was worth the wait.

We look forward to seeing you in Noodle One again soon for another chilli Ramen and don't forget the consider the Sukiyaki Ramen or perhaps the Boatman's Ramen for a stronger broth taste.

Kind Regards

The Noodle One Team

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had a superb early lunch at Noodle One. The staff were very welcoming and explained the layout of the menu and helped choose. We all had a very tasty starter, main course of wok fried noodles or rice. The bill was very reasonable and the presentation was superb. Well done Mary and Iwan, authentic Thai and Japanese cuisine.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Went here for lunch with my partner on the 29th October and had the most bizarre confrontation I have ever had in a restaurant. Having been a regular visitor to this noodle bar I had built up a fully stamped 'loyalty' card and was, in my mind at least, entitled to one free meal having filled up my card. When I went up to pay my bill I was told that my 'loyalty' card was no longer valid by the waitress, so I asked to speak to the owner. The owner came and was immediately very abrasive, informing me that she no longer had any obligation to take the card and that she had made a decision to stop taking them. I also made her aware that I had not been informed of any problem with the card during my previous visit (only a month previous) when my card was stamped and completed. This wasn't her problem clearly, so I told her that I would not pay for one of the meals on the principle that I had come in with an expectation of a free meal. She accused me of being a thief and threatened to call the police.

And so I ask you this - Why would anyone want to eat in a place where their custom is not valued? I have worked in a restaurant for 4 years and in a customer facing role for 12 and I have never ever experienced such a poor or difficult attitude from a person who's business relies on good customer relations and service -- I hope this woman now realises that a review like this is certainly not worth the £7.95 she demanded for her bowl of noodles.

7  Thank Mikey M
NoodleOne, Owner at Noodle One, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Mikey M

We are very sorry to hear that you feel that way as we aim for all or customers to leave Noodle One happy. As was explained to you repeatedly on the day in question, the loyalty card scheme was a promotion of the previous owners and the loyalty card was not supplied to you by us. No loyalty cards have been supplied to anyone since we took over 14 months ago! When we first took over we did honour the full cards as a gesture of good will, however after a year we felt that the bulk of the cards had been honoured and we stopped accepting the loyalty cards of the previous owner. This was explained to you very nicely by one of my staff, however I was called down as my member of staff was getting upset by your approach and didn't feel comfortable dealing with you any longer. Our staff are our biggest asset here at Noodle One, they work very hard and do not deserve to be shouted at while just trying to do their jobs. As you say, I was fully aware that if I did not give you a free meal you would give me a bad review on tripadvisor, but sometimes in this life you just have to stand up for the people and things you believe in regardless of the consequences.

Here at Noodle One our customers and staffs happiness are of the upmost importance to us. We would have dearly loved to continue the loyalty card scheme of the previous owner, but sadly, under previous ownerships Noodle One failed to be a viable business enterprise and so certain changes had to be made to ensure that, under our ownership, Noodle One stays open for business for many years to come.